Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Soccer rules change ?

• 02-07-2016 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭

Does the game of soccer need rule changes to spice it up. E.G. extra men, less men. Rugby rules are constantly changing and tweaking to make it more attractive to watch .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

jones 19 wrote: »
    Does the game of soccer need rule changes to spice it up. E.G. extra men, less men. Rugby rules are constantly changing and tweaking to make it more attractive to watch .

No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

2 balls?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭jones 19

No.

Nothing at all , you don't find it boring, low scoring ?

2 balls?

Ha ha, you read my mind, imagine the craic.. .

Nothing at all , you don't find it boring, low scoring ?
    Nope, I'm not American.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I think football is doing ok enough that it doesn't need to be made "more attractive to watch".

Ha ha, you read my mind, imagine the craic.. .

mad crack altogether, but not football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

The amount of rugby comparisons and suggestions since the forum became open to all is ridiculous.
    It's not rugby, it's not supposed to be like rugby. Keep watching rugby and post about rugby if you don't like football.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

What do you suggest? If I was a rugby fan it would drive me mad having the rules constantly being tinkered with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

No. The constant tweaking in Rugby to make it more "exciting" and "attractive" is indicative of fundamental flaws in that sport. Football is grand.

• Advertisement

Oh wait, it's a focking rugger fan?

Should have known better than to engage.

"Every sport should, loike, aspire to be more, loike, loike Rogby, loike"

The amount of rugby comparisons and suggestions since the forum became open to all is ridiculous.
    It's not rugby, it's not supposed to be like rugby. Keep watching rugby and post about rugby if you don't like football.

I'm using rugby as an example of a union that changes rules for to evolve the game into perhaps a better model, to keeps the scoreboard ticking over, im sure other sports do the same? I can't think of any others. I'm not comparing games.

I'm not comparing games.

Of course you aren't love.

Did ye townies ever even think about rule changes before? Cmon lads, open your minds loike ffs?

Listen petal, if you are the type of goy who gets bored by low scoring games, football just isn't for you.

Stick to the scrummaging.

Penos as ye lads call it are about the best part, if you can stay awake to watch them. Maybe play penalties first ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

2 balls?

You'll need to expand on this. Is it a ball each or just 2 balls?

You'll need to expand on this. Is it a ball each or just 2 balls?

2 balls at kick of, 1 ball to each team at centre spot to be kicked back to to your own team, then it's off.

Zaph wrote: »
    What do you suggest? If I was a rugby fan it would drive me mad having the rules constantly being tinkered with.

It makes it better a lot of the time tbh. I play Rugby and theres always areas that can be improved upon.

Football rules are changed fairly regularly too. How many people on this forum alone called for video technology?

2 balls at kick of, 1 ball to each team at centre spot to be kicked back to to your own team, then it's off.

Yeah but after that. Can 1 team have both balls and potentially score 2 goals at a time or does each team have a ball so you are attacking and defending at the same time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Look we've got a camera and shaving foam technology that's enough to be going on with!

How about a post match dive cam, penalize dick heads who are allowed to dive.

define a dive

define a dive

Really ?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

How about having throw-ins taken from the point where the ball left the pitch...

Yeah but after that. Can 1 team have both balls and potentially score 2 goals at a time or does each team have a ball so you are attacking and defending at the same time?

1 team can have 2 balls yes, all in favour say ya.

Really ?

oh roysh, you can't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

Penos as ye lads call it are about the best part, if you can stay awake to watch them. Maybe play penalties first ?

In a knockout like tonights game that'd actually be quite interesting!! :D

The team that lost the shootout at the start would have to really go for it rather than play out time to take a lottery on the penalties.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

How about not making dumb threads in a forum about a sport you don't even like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Do away with extra time, very rarely does it offer anything, except tired players.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,151 ✭✭✭✭JRant

How about having throw-ins taken from the point where the ball left the pitch...

Or have to be played off the ground

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

How about not making dumb threads in a forum about a sport you don't even like?

Careful now, protected species these tournament-only posters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Did ye townies ever even think about rule changes before? Cmon lads, open your minds loike ffs?

Dedicated rule change thread below if you are genuinely interested.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057615412

genuinely

:pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement