Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early opening creche?

Options
  • 02-07-2016 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is the right forum for this- mods feel free to move it.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any creche on the south side that has early opening hours? Most seem to open from 8 or 8:30. Ideally I need somewhere that opens at 7, are there any? Both my partner and I work shift work so childcare is a bit of a nightmare. We have been using au pairs but after a couple of bad experiences really would prefer not to have one anymore if we can find another option. We're living in the Stillorgan/Blackrock area.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Kauto0709 wrote: »

I'm wondering if anyone knows of any creche on the south side that has early opening hours? Most seem to open from 8 or 8:30. Ideally I need somewhere that opens at 7, are there any? Both my partner and I work shift work so childcare is a bit of a nightmare. We have been using au pairs but after a couple of bad experiences really would prefer not to have one anymore if we can find another option. We're living in the Stillorgan/Blackrock area.

Thanks in advance.

Wee care in monkstown opens at 7.30. It's up the top of stradbrook road right beside roundabout, very close to Rochford manor school. Have friends who use it and are very happy. Manager is lovely.

I remember seeing one in booterstown near Ucd opening really early like 7?? I used to have to bring a dog to vet hosp at that time. I have a funny feeling though there was a for sale on building? So it might be gone. It was in a house.

Have you checked the likes of star tots, lakelands creche, the one on dale road/drive, the one on lower kilmacud rd near mt anville primary school? Sorry don't know the names !!

May be of no use but rathfarnham day care open at 7am.
    The other thing is could you pick a creche near work? So drop off later?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Thanks in advance.

The Park Academy in Beacon South Quarter opens at 07:30. My two are there and they love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Thanks for the advice ladies. I have rang around a few. Park Acadamy in Beacon South Quarter is ridiculously expensive compared to others. Links in Blackrock has good opening hours (7-7) but I found quite a bit of negative feedback about Links online.

Taking everything into account (hours, money etc), I have decided to go back down the au pair route again and signed up to a new agency. Hopefully will have more luck this time.

Thanks again for the recommendations though ladies. I may consider them again down the line.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Thanks for the advice ladies.

Ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

TrueDub wrote: »
    Ahem.

And gents :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement