Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flashing globe on screen when I turn on Macbook

Options
  • 03-07-2016 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I have a mid-2013 11" Macbook Air.

A few moments ago, I pressed the power button to turn it on. The normal black screen came up, but instead of the white apple logo and the "loading" bar appearing, a small white globe appeared instead, flashing. It flashed for about 30 seconds, and then normal startup resumed.

I googled it and there is a suggestion that this happens when you have chosen to boot from "Network" instead of from your hard disk, but this is not the case here.

Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

If it doesn't do it again I wouldn't worry about it. You may have been touching the keyboard as it rebooted. Holding option-n or even just n might have caused this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13 Axlan

Once MacBook has booted up go to system preferences and select startup disk. From there you can highlight your hard drive as the startup disk.The global icon at startup indicates your computer is looking to boot from a network drive, if it doesn't find one it will after a short period boot from it's internal drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭talkto

Axlan wrote: »
    Once MacBook has booted up go to system preferences and select startup disk. From there you can highlight your hard drive as the startup disk.The global icon at startup indicates your computer is looking to boot from a network drive, if it doesn't find one it will after a short period boot from it's internal drive.

My hard drive was already selected as the startup disk. There aren't even any other options.

Advertisement