Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giant TCR Advanced PRO 1 (next bike?)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Yep, I have one, excellent bike , very happy with it. Welcome to to try it if you're anywhere near Kilkenny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭thelawman

Thanks for the kind offer Charlie, if I decide to go for one I might get back to you, good to hear it living up to expectations

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

Hired an Ultegra specced one for a couple of weeks this Easter in Fuerteventura, lovely bike couldn't fault it. Usually ride a Dura Ace specced Reynolds 953 so the Giant would have been considered a step down but certainly didn't feel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Hauki

I have the lower grade TCR Advanced and absolutely love it. I can only imagine how good it'll be with better spec and frame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭shamrock2004

thelawman wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm on the look out for a new bike, thinking about the above model, want to buy from lbs, does anyone have any first hand experience with the above? thanks

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-ie/bikes/model/tcr.advanced.pro.1/25078/90668/

I was thinking about that but went with the TCR advanced 1 over the pro as I didn't want the stock carbon wheels. Once I got it, I put my own wheels on it. Only other difference really was the carbon oversteer. You'll love the TCR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭slow

Great bike. Wheels have DT Swiss hubs branded as Giant. Saddle is harsh which makes the bike overstiff.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭slow

Great bike. Wheels have DT Swiss hubs branded as Giant. Saddle is harsh which makes the bike overstiff.

slow wrote: »

Had the total opposite experience. Have had absolutely no issues with the saddle. Found it nothing but comfortable on long cycles.

Had the total opposite experience. Have had absolutely no issues with the saddle. Found it nothing but comfortable on long cycles.
    shamrock your bike has a different saddle to the Pro 1. I didn't get on with the saddle either.

Charlie69 wrote: »
    shamrock your bike has a different saddle to the Pro 1. I didn't get on with the saddle either.

Whoops! You're right. My bad...

• Advertisement

seems there are none left in the country, :( anyone any suggestions for an alternative,

seems there are none left in the country, :( anyone any suggestions for an alternative,
    What size are you after?? I know a shop with a medium in stock.

I'm looking for a medium, haven't found one yet, could you let me know where it is, thks

I'm looking for a medium, haven't found one yet, could you let me know where it is, thks

No problem at all, Race Right Cycles in Portlaoise. Ask for Martin.

Thanks Charlie, I'll give them a call tomorrow,

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Collecting a TCR Advanced 1 Tuesday and after so many good reports i cannot wait to get it.

dahat wrote: »
    Collecting a TCR Advanced 1 Tuesday and after so many good reports i cannot wait to get it.

You'll love it. Best of luck with the new bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

You'll love it. Best of luck with the new bike!

Thanks! Hope so as my trusty Thompson has been great and just have it spot on. Correct bike plus a redundancy allowed me to get a new bike so soon.

Advertisement