Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best kebab in London?

Options
  • 03-07-2016 6:58am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭

The best kebab I have had in London is from The Best Kebab on Old Street. Lamb and chicken both very nice and portions are a good size.

Any suggestions for other places that do very nice kebabs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Gokyuzu in Haringey do really nice kebabs and Turkish platters.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

Gokyuzu in Haringey do really nice kebabs and Turkish platters.

I go to the one in Wood Green quite a bit as it's just round the corner from where i live - the food is very tasty and reasonably priced. Off topic considering the thread title but the pide (pizza) is really good! Only problem is you're in a food coma after a feed there :D

E Mono in Kentish town and Archway kebab centre are both good too in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Only problem is you're in a food coma after a feed there :D

Yup. Meat sweats all night after a platter and beers. :pac:
    Archway kebab centre are both good too in my experience

Agreed, but not sure if I can look at their food the same way again after my husband brought in falafel wraps from there while I was in labour in the Whittington...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

This is like a pin in a haystack question. Can name you two south of the river, Flame on Wimbledon Broadway, or Istanbul Kebab House on Upper Tooting Road, near Tooting Bec underground. Avoid Ali's around the corner from it (nearer the station), its a poor comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Paddico

Depends on why type of kebab your after.
    Shish is quite standard.

Shawarma and Kofta are quite variable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Had a savage feed in The Woody Grill in Camden Town but i was amazingly hungry at the time so i need to visit again to give it a proper judgement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

I live on Green Lanes, Antepliller do a great kebab although my fave place to get a Kebab on the lanes is a small dodgy looking place where old men sit in the back room drinking Turkish tea and playing okay!

Place around the corner from Camden tube is decent too, when drunk!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Hala is the best gaff on Green Lanes, fact. I should know I've waddled into every one of them over the years.

Advertisement