Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open water swimming for absolute beginner

Options
  • 03-07-2016 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I am just learning to swim and want to try some open water swimming in safe and shallow waters. I will be going with a more experienced swimmer but do not want to be out of my depth. Any advice on where to go around Dublin please?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

I would and whenever I'm on my own, will do it on Killiney beach - long beach and possibility to stay in shallow waters (or at least close to it...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Seapoint is great. Get it at the right tide and time and youll be able to swim along the bouys and stand up if u get tired. Defo go with an experienced swimmer ,or even 2 if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jcon1913

Seapoint is great. Get it at the right tide and time and youll be able to swim along the bouys and stand up if u get tired. Defo go with an experienced swimmer ,or even 2 if possible

Lifeguards at Seapoint too and a barely functioning freshwater shower 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Bettystown also has a flat beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cathblossom

thank you

• Advertisement
Advertisement