Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

€10 Voucher for Iceland in Sunday Word

• 03-07-2016 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

In today's Sunday World, €10 voucher with €50 spend in Iceland.

Voucher is on page 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cian8

Davy wrote: »
    In today's Sunday World, €10 voucher with €50 spend in Iceland.

Voucher is on page 2.

Will Tesco take these?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

cian8 wrote: »
    Will Tesco take these?

Some might but they dont have to, as terms state they accept spend & save coupons only from Dunnes Stores, SuperValu, Lidl and Aldi

Edit: They do. Use this to make them accept:> https://twitter.com/tescoirl/status/502531570608390144
    I can confirm we do accept Iceland vouchers within our stores. Please be advised it's only one per transaction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

And make sure you point to the date on the tweet and use your outdoor voice
    "Tesco said in August 2014 that you will take them"

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Tried to use one before and they were having none of it. They opened up a book and Iceland was not on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Barr wrote: »
    Tried to use one before and they were having none of it. They opened up a book and Iceland was not on the list.
    De Tesco Buke of Rules

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

http://www.tesco.ie/CompetitorCoupons/
    Terms and conditions in Tesco Ireland 23.03.2016

We accept spend & save coupons only from Dunnes Stores, SuperValu, Lidl and Aldi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

thanks poster.
    its funny how everyone so far in the thread, has not mentioned on using them actually in iceland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Monkeynut wrote: »
    thanks poster.
    its funny how everyone so far in the thread, has not mentioned on using them actually in iceland.

There are very few Iceland branches. There are lots of Tesco branches.

Quoting tweets from 2014 when the rules were revised to specifically exclude Iceland (not a real competitor) and M&S (vouchers are infinitely printable when offered) much more recently won't get them accepted in Tesco unless the staff member is particularly thick or doesn't care. Both of those are possible situations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Monkeynut wrote: »
    thanks poster.
    Not so surprising, checking there tesco have 149 stores, iceland have only 11, none near me. Also when vouchers like this come out usually the shops with them do not have very good offers, so you cannot cash in. Often you can really take advantage of tescos offers, they are meant to currently have a decent wine offer.

The lidl/aldi vouchers threads were full of tesco discussion, some idiots were acting like they couldn't understand why and complaining, maybe they genuinely were that stupid but I think most were just looking for a moan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Monkeynut

rubadub wrote: »
    Not so surprising, checking there tesco have 149 stores, iceland have only 11, none near me. Also when vouchers like this come out usually the shops with them do not have very good offers, so you cannot cash in. Often you can really take advantage of tescos offers, they are meant to currently have a decent wine offer.

The lidl/aldi vouchers threads were full of tesco discussion, some idiots were acting like they couldn't understand why and complaining, maybe they genuinely were that stupid but I think most were just looking for a moan.

hit nail in the head,
    im close to 2 iceland's. but i honestly never go near them.
    i just taught i'd add the comment about the irony of nobody mentioning iceland.

the last lidl one's i got 2 slabs of Heineken when they where 24 each and a big packet of crisps for 40 euro. happy days

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

If anybody wants to give me any vouchers I'd be very appreciative!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Iceland has improved a lot since their last foray here. They now have fresh produce also. But hard pushed to get to 50e, no off licence, limited household goods. Great for party food, ready meals, frozen prawns, that kinda thing.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Exactly. A handy place to pop into for a few things but I'd find it all but impossible to spend anything near €50 there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,295 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Yeah i think a spend 25 - 30, get 5 off would see a lot more people actually using the voucher in an iceland store.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I would chance it in Tesco. They took printouts of online supervalu vouchers from me .

3 times .. When it clearly says they dont in their T&Cs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Voucher in tomorrow's Sunday World tenner off a 50 spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

In tomorrows Sunday World 10 off a 50 spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭mac_daddy

Anyone wishing to shop at Iceland should be aware of their bosses thoughts about the Irish...

https://www.joe.ie/uncategorized/thats-a-bit-irish-iceland-boss-apologises-for-remark-45300

Advertisement