Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Razor clams/fish in Waterford/Wexford.

• 03-07-2016 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi all just looking to see if anyone can offer me any advice on where and how to collect razor clams in around the Waterford or Wexford area. Wanting to use as bait for fishing and I have heard they can be caught easily enough.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭outdoors247

Go on YouTube and search ray mears razor clam foraging to see how ya get em with salt .but I don't no where to find em here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

There was a LOAD of razor shells on rosslare point the last time I was there, but I found out they were from a farm off the coast :(

Not really much help there was I!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭wexandproud

razor clams are not farmed but there is a fishery off the wexford coast .
    there is a a few boats that fish them and land in wexford or rosslare if you approach the lads on the boats they would probably give ya any amount of damaged ones for the price of a few pints . there a great bass bait
    its difficult to get them using salt as you need an exceptionally low tide but i have seen them washed up on curracloe and rosslare after south east gales

Advertisement