Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving test supervisor

• 03-07-2016 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭

Hi, about 2 weeks ago I failed my driving test for the 4th or 5th time. My driving instructor gave me a pre-test beforehand and said my driving was faultless and he puts my fails down to nerves, which I agree with. So he told me to book again and ask for a supervisor to conduct the test. I have done this, but they said that a wait for a supervisor could be longer than 13 weeks. Thing is, my licence expires in August, so I'm not sure what to do? Does anyone have any experience with getting tested by a supervisor?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

A former colleague of mine told me he had awful trouble passing the test. Did it maybe 10 times, ended up with the same tester each time. He finally got a Supervisor to come along in the back of the car. The tester tried to fail him again but the Supervisor over-ruled it and passed him.

Just renew your learner permit in the mean time is all you can do I guess?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭hearmehearye

Would it be possible to sit the test in another town that you're familiar with? You'll have to just renew the permit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I was thinking 13 weeks or more is a long time to be waiting for a supervisor to do the test...ill probably wait it out so or I'll just keep ringing them up and see if they can fit me in earlier. Re: doing it in another town, I'm not sure. I'll have a look into the waiting times for other places near me.

EDIT: I'm also on the cancellation list as well when I originally booked it, if that makes any difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

They are not supposed to schedule you for the same person every time you take the test. Here in Sligo there are two that I know of, one who is intimidating and cold (and is known locally as "oh, you had that one"), and another who is firm but fair and much less intimidating. I had to take the test four times and alternated them, and sure enough passed with the less intimidating tester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭caldew

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    A former colleague of mine told me he had awful trouble passing the test. Did it maybe 10 times, ended up with the same tester each time. He finally got a Supervisor to come along in the back of the car. The tester tried to fail him again but the Supervisor over-ruled it and passed him.

Supervisor cannot overrule a Tester even if they are in the car for the test.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

caldew wrote: »
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Supervisor cannot overrule a Tester even if they are in the car for the test.

I'm not sure of the full story tbh but this would have been bak in the 90's probably. Things have probably changed since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

I've advised a couple of nervous pupils to ask for a supervisor. Both times it's worked a treat. It's a bit more relaxed test. You're given plenty of time. It could be worth that wait. Also, a word with your doctor could help you too. Explain your nerves and they might be able to prescribe you something. That's also worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I've advised a couple of nervous pupils to ask for a supervisor. Both times it's worked a treat. It's a bit more relaxed test. You're given plenty of time. It could be worth that wait. Also, a word with your doctor could help you too. Explain your nerves and they might be able to prescribe you something. That's also worked.

Yeah, I'm probably going to just wait it out. My instructor told me about th supervisor and he had 2 people about a week before my test that rang for a supervisor and both got their tests within the next 2 weeks after

Advertisement