Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any idea what's wrong with my wifi on my laptop?

Options
  • 03-07-2016 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭

I have a Dell laptop N5110 running Windows 7. For the last year I'm having a really annoying problem where the wifi on the laptop cuts out every hour or so for 5 minutes, sometimes more. Yesterday over the course of the day it worked for 30 mins out of 4 hours on time!

The problem seems to be the laptop as the phones and tablets connected to wifi in the house work fine at the times when the laptop will not.
    During these times the wifi remains connected on the laptop,signal remains excellent but the browser refuses to load any pages, downloads stop etc. When it's gone I can't log into the modem either.

Any advice on what I might do to stop this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

Advertisement