Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Newbie' problems

Options
  • 03-07-2016 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

I've rejoined after a period away, having shut down my account. As a 'newbie', there are a few problems. The edit function doesn't work, so I have to make several postings if I want to add something - which must be a bit maddening for people.

I went to the settings and set email notifications to none; however they keep arriving, and as a result of my deleting them, threads keep auto-unfollowing.

Presumably other things - like not seeing the icons for quoting, italicising, etc - are also part of this?

Is this newbieness, or has boards.ie run into some technical problems while I've been away?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The inability to edit is a bug and a side effect of the new user status. It'll be gone when your account reaches 10 days old.

For the notifications, change the default subscription to none, and you'll also need to remove them on the pre-existing threads too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

Thanks, Spear. I did change the default setting to none, but it doesn't seem to work.

Incidentally, I can't see any email setting in 'thread tools'. Where is it, please?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,305 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

No, Thread Tools only has two items on its drop-down menu: Show Printable Version and Email This Page.

• Advertisement

Thread Tools menu isn't related or involved despite the name. The options you want are under the User CP:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/usercp.php

But the link I gave above also goes direct to the pre-existing thread subcriptions.

There aren't any old followed threads showing, nor, I think, were there last night when I got a bunch of emails - however, I may be wrong in that. Anyway the flood of emails has stopped, so I'm sorted. Thanks for the help.

By the way, I had a bit of a time finding this subforum; couldn't find it through the topic list and had to search for 'Feedback', after searching brain for what it was called.

Advertisement