Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics and Finance UCD

Options
  • 03-07-2016 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi guys,
    I'm think of studying E&F at UCD. I enjoy both economics and maths at LC level. I would say I'm in the B-C range for Honours maths. I don't do accountancy or any other maths related subjects. Given my level of maths would this course be suitable. I know the minimum requirement is a HC3 but I would like to be sure I'm capable of the maths ahead. I would also like the be scoring pretty high in the class, do you think that's possible with hard work. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭ucdperson

The BSc Economics and Finance and the BSc Business Analytics are part of the Quantitative Business intake in UCD. As the name suggests these courses have a lot of maths content, so if you are interested in them you need to decide if a quantitative course is really of interest and form a view on whether you want to be in Finance or in some of the many other Quant roles. The entry grade for maths will be increased in the future, it was not changed for 2017 as the new grading system was coming in.

Advertisement