Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer games done quick 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Doge

Poor guy seemed nervous from the beginning. Lot of mistakes being made. The pressure must be immense!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

The Yetee have their tees up, adored my Belch tee from last year
    http://buff.ly/29fBJDf

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This DKC Tropical Freeze race is incredible :) So close!

25 videos already on YouTube
    Summer Games Done Quick 2016: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz8YL4HVC87WhzH2-56QXDOwoKNYkdCEV
    And you can check past broadcasts on Twitch, whatever suits anyone that missed stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

was watching new super mario bros 2 the other night/early morning , and his ds ran out of battery :pac: , I also read that the dreaded windows 10 update popped up during another run (not sure what game)

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote: »
    was watching new super mario bros 2 the other night/early morning , and his ds ran out of battery :pac: , I also read that the dreaded windows 10 update popped up during another run (not sure what game)
    I saw that too last night! I was deva for him! Someone gave a donation like "here's the money I got for selling his charger".

I saw Claymates last night too, I used to play it but never got into it, glad to see it wasn't worth it lol, level design was frustrating like check points before a part where you can't die.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I really enjoy looking at the awful game speed runs myself :)

Currently turning down OT work so I can catch the Vania block when I get home :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I saw the NSMB2 run this morning. Was the blinking light red light on his DS not a dead giveaway that he needed a charger, or did he think it would be a cool story if he raced his rapidly draining battery and won?

Some good skill there to be fair, he knew the levels very well.

Symphony of the Night on now... except blindfolded :)

Crazy. Serious memory required.

• Advertisement

This is hard to watch, he's having a nightmare with the menus. 4 or 5 restarts now....

And it turned out his button was broken :D

Standing ovation, well played.

Mr E wrote: »
    Standing ovation, well played.
    Missed it all, was getting my hair done. I'll catch it later, sounds like fun lol. Love watching SOTN being played and really enjoyed the LoZOoT and Punch Out blind runs before.

Just watched the ActRaiser professional mode run, it was great and always a treat to see it, that music is really something else it, always sounds amazing.
    " You are the best player !!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

"Speedrunning is like learning to paint but never painting anything else and just learning how to paint one picture over and over again faster. It isnt even an original painting, someone else made it and other people are also trying to paint it faster than you"

- Circumsoldier

Anyone know when TASBot will be making an appearance this year?

Doge wrote: »
    Anyone know when TASBot will be making an appearance this year?
    Saturday at 6:43 PM - TASBot plays Super Mario Land 2 is the first one.
    I think it's always on a Saturday but I could be wrong.

Runny Egg is on, all these eggcellent puns are cracking me up. :pac:

tumblr_o4iw4gSOiN1tgk4rco1_500.gif

Didn't even know Jet Set Radio was a run! Very interested in that I'd love to be able to run it. Unfortunately can't see it live though.

• Advertisement

I flicked through the Links Awakening run earlier. 100% in about 90 minutes. Some serious tricks too, well worth a watch if you know the game.

Mr E wrote: »
    I flicked through the Links Awakening run earlier. 100% in about 90 minutes. Some serious tricks too, well worth a watch if you know the game.
    I just finished it there, was a great watch even though I don't know it that well.

Tetris the Grand Masters exhibition is coming up. If it's anything like the last two Tetris GM blocks it's going to be incredible. Trust me, you need to see it!

Blindfold Sakura, now I've seen it all. :)

Last day today. Super Metroid promises to be great as always. Pokémon up now. Just sent my donation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Last day today. Super Metroid promises to be great as always. Pokémon up now. Just sent my donation!

save or kill the animals?

save or kill the animals?

Kill, do you have the ask? :)

1 Million dollars raised and still a few hours to go :)

They finished up just shy 3000 shy of 1.3 million dollars raised which means they broke their previous record for donations.

Fantastic event as always. Who said games are a waste of time?

• Advertisement

So did they show TASBOT as planned this year?

Can't seem yo find the video in the playlist unless they changed the name of the bot:

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz8YL4HVC87WhzH2-56QXDOwoKNYkdCEV

If anyone knows the game it featured in It would be great if you could let me know.

Advertisement