Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook 2007 - Messages won't send

Options
  • 03-07-2016 4:43pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Having trouble with messages getting stuck in the Outbox in Outlook 2007. At the moment, that's all they do. I've repaired the .pst file, checked the account settings re outgoing mail, no luck.

When I try to close it says:
    There are unsent messages in your Outbox. To send messages, Outlook must remain running and connected to your e-mail server. Do you want to exit anyway?

Incoming mail seems OK. Not sure what to do next. Any ideas? There were a few error codes coming up.

I tried to troubleshoot, without success. 08xxx, etc. I just don't have them to hand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Switch off cached exchange mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,447 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Incoming and outgoing settings are completely different when it comes to e-mail. For outgoing mail you need to specify the SMTP server as dictated by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) so check your ISP's website and search for 'SMTP'.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It's an @indigo.ie email. The broadband is from Vodafone.

Afaik, these have been the settings all along and have worked fine in the past.

Incoming: pop.indigo.ie
    Outoing: mail.vodafone.ie

POP3 - 110
    Outoing SMTP 25

This server requires an encrypted connected (SSL) is not checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

What OS are you using OP?

If it's 10 THIS might help

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,417 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Yeah, it's 10.

Right now, it's saying Sending - Progess - Completed. It's clearly not, though. It's probably the SMTP. I'm just nothing sure why, afaik, it's not been changed to what worked before.

• Advertisement
Advertisement