Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway athletic gym

• 03-07-2016 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi, I'm moving to Galway soon and I'm looking out for a new gym. I play GAA and normally aren't a member of the gym because we do our own weight sessions in the club. Since I won't be able to make training I'm looking for a place during the week where I can try replicate training as much as I can.

To narrow it down I'm not particularly interested in a pool/jacuzzi/Sauna but if they're there then grand. Also if be looking for a place that would have an area specifically for plyo work, medicine balls, box jumps, maybe even an open sprint area. A gym that has just machines everywhere and free weights isn't really what I'm looking for, does anybody know anywhere that fits this description? I know it is a little specific, but even a gym that has a grass area outside that I could move out to? Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

The Warehouse has a shortish sprint section. 20m at best, from memory. They have an outside area but not really useful for replicating training. But it would likely have what you're looking for. Day pass is €9 if you wanted to check it out.

Haven't been in Galway City Gym or Planet Fitness so not sure. But they both have PAYG options if you want to check them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Have a look at Nrg in the clybaun hotel. It has two areas for free weights and space to do jumps etc. There is a grass area at the front. They will probably give you a free trial if you ask nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Pat_custard

Thanks lads I'll give them places a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Warehouse is ideal for what you want

Just can be tricky to find. Don't be put off if ya can't find it straight away

just had a look at the website I think it's under maintenance at the moment but sure I'll just pop down and have a look, sound!

• Advertisement

just had a look at the website I think it's under maintenance at the moment but sure I'll just pop down and have a look, sound!

They're pretty active on their Facebook page.

yea I just checked he website Alf its working now dunno why it wasn't earlier, I'll take a look at their FB page. Anyway it looks absolutely mint, performance area looks exactly what i'm looking for!

Sounds lads really appreciate it!

No worries. Found it great for training when I was visiting Galway.

Advertisement