Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

You Should Register For .....

• 03-07-2016 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭

https://www.mygovid.ie/

You mightn't need it now, but if you ever need services in a hurry
    it's better to be already registered.

From the website .....
    At first the Department of Social Protection will offer services using MyGovID. In addition, the MyGovID service is being made available for use by all Government Departments and agencies and over time the number of Government service providers offering services using MyGovID will increase. In this way, all agencies have shared access to and use of your identity information to make it easier for you to use the full range of Government services. However, your personal service data is protected and the agencies will not be able to use MyGovID to access each other’s personal customer service information.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Good grief, they're reinventing the wheel. Again. *sigh*

It would be much handier if they could link up Revenue and Social Welfare databases so that they could just see your P45, P60 details when you apply for JSA/JSB, rather than sending you backwards and forwards from one office to another.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Hardy Eustace

Why does mygovid.ie state that among the information it may gather is your IP address and sites you have visited? And why is it inaccessible using private/incognito browsing? Should I be worried?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

It would know if you are accessing from Ireland or outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Hardy Eustace

That explains why the check the IP. Why do they check what sites I've been visiting? Why is it inaccessible from incognito browser?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭Creeping Death

That explains why the check the IP. Why do they check what sites I've been visiting? Why is it inaccessible from incognito browser?

Working fine for me in incognito mode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭eirman

I'm sure many people now regret not having signed up for this service.

If you have a PSC you can still sign up.
    It takes 3/4 days because postal verification is required.

If you do not have a PSC you cannot get one during the the present emergency
    as all face-to-face appointments have been cancelled!
    You will probably have to visit your nearest intreo office
    and queue up 2 meters behind the next person who is without a MyGovID.

PSC = Public Services Card

Advertisement