Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Grinds

Options
  • 03-07-2016 7:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend someone to give Irish grinds to a young man just left National School. English is the second language spoken in the home and his Irish would be quite weak heading into Second Level next September.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Summer time or during the school year? I have a friend teaching Irish in a local secondary school but they are away most of the summer teaching in Irish colleges in a Gaeltacht.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Not sure really. I was asked by a work colleague who is not entirely fluent in English. But can find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Not sure really. I was asked by a work colleague who is not entirely fluent in English. But can find out.

Duolingo is a great app for anyone wanting to learn / improve a language.

Irish is one of the languages offered. For his level it would be perfect.

She could then look at sending him to a Gaeltacht next summer.

Scoil Oilibhear in coolmine used to run Irish summer camps too for all ages. Might not anymore (I'm talking 20 years ago haha)

Advertisement