Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 issue.

Options
  • 03-07-2016 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭

Hey y'all. I bought a PS3 from cex today, 500gb super slim discounted. Got a receipt and what have you.

Got it home, hooked it all up. Tried to connect to the PS store, screen went black, had to pull the power out of the back to reset it. Put a game disc in, it took 5 minutes to get from pressing X on the XMB to the game starting. Put another one in, it was 3 minutes from pressing x to the game starting.

I haven't had a PS3 since 2013 mind, but thats not normal is it, isn't it usually like 20 seconds? Is there anything I could do to fix it before returning it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Doge

Doubt it, return it immediately sounds like a hardware issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Doge wrote: »
    Doubt it, return it immediately sounds like a hardware issue.

Agreed, return asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Super, long as I know. I actually took a video of how long it took to load in case they ask as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

Bring it back immediately.

However, for future reference please note that the PS Store on the PS3 is as buggy as hell and can slow down and even crash the system. My PS3 is in perfect working order but occasionally if I try to access the store the screen will fade to black and I'm forced to flick the power switch. It only happens when interacting with the PS Store and a quick Google search tells me I'm not the only one experiencing that problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

If you're putting discs in for the first time and there's a mandatory install of some data it could be doing that?

Also there was an outage of the PSN today, so that's what happened with the store.

https://twitter.com/AskPS_UK/status/752901542710239232

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I got a return on it anyway, so it didn't matter.

And it wasn't just the first time, it was several attempts, and didn't run blu rays either./

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭LunarSea

Ah balls to that so, glad you got it swapped.

Hopefully whatever corrugated shed Sony keeps their servers in gets patched up and you can get downloading stuff!

Advertisement