Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beechpark Leixlip

Options
  • 03-07-2016 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

Wondering does anyone know much about this development. Any chance of any more reg buses coming near the development and any idea on when these houses might be built? also is there any shops near by or local bar's.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭WittyName1

mollybird wrote: »
    Wondering does anyone know much about this development. Any chance of any more reg buses coming near the development and any idea on when these houses might be built? also is there any shops near by or local bar's.

Thanks

Glen Easton shops are a short walk from there. A central/spar type shop, a chemist, a doctors surgery and an insomnia coffee shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

thanks a mil for that whitty. Have you any idea if any reg buses come up to the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Looks like just the 66x and 66n (express and nitelink)

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/?searchtype=place&searchquery=Leixlip

I'm curious about this estate myself. It looks almost like two different estates. Duplexes and apartments out the front, larger homes at the back. Were there two different builders involved. Since it seems to have been building since 2006.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

machalla wrote: »
    Looks like just the 66x and 66n (express and nitelink)

http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/?searchtype=place&searchquery=Leixlip

I'm curious about this estate myself. It looks almost like two different estates. Duplexes and apartments out the front, larger homes at the back. Were there two different builders involved. Since it seems to have been building since 2006.

Durkan built the first two phases of it

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Anongeneric

No bus after 8:15 in the morning.
    There has been a couple of petitions to improve it but as of yet nope from Dublin bus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

No bus after 8:15 in the morning.
    There has been a couple of petitions to improve it but as of yet nope from Dublin bus

Rinawade and Glen Easton are on the same road and have been asking for a bus for almost 20 years. Local representatives don't seem to be too interested in applying pressure either.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,869 ✭✭✭✭L1011

n97 mini wrote: »
    Rinawade and Glen Easton are on the same road and have been asking for a bus for almost 20 years. Local representatives don't seem to be too interested in applying pressure either.

If only Leixlip had a strong, local represen... oh wait, they do, but she's obsessed with personal grudges. Time to vote her out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Maybe try some of the local councillors -Like Anthony Larkin (i dont live in Leixlip...hes the only leixlip councillor I know of. I'm sure all the others would do just as good a job representing the issue to Dublin Bus). The leixlip councillors would have more of a vested interest in this than a constituency td
    L1011 wrote: »
    If only Leixlip had a strong, local represen... oh wait, they do, but she's obsessed with personal grudges. Time to vote her out.
    In fairness remember shes elected "to represent the entire electorate within their constituency and provide an essential democratic link between constituents, Parliament and Government" (from oireachtas.ie).

Dublin bus doesn't really come under her remit whereas the personal grudges you refer to would!

daheff wrote: »
    In fairness remember shes elected "to represent the entire electorate within their constituency and provide an essential democratic link between constituents, Parliament and Government" (from oireachtas.ie).

Dublin bus doesn't really come under her remit whereas the personal grudges you refer to would!

Read her electoral bumpf over the years and you'd think that public transport for the town was her core concern. At least she's stopped asking for a maglev-equippped DART, though (she did seriously do this)

Maybe try some of the local councillors -Like Anthony Larkin (i dont live in Leixlip...hes the only leixlip councillor I know of. I'm sure all the others would do just as good a job representing the issue to Dublin Bus). The leixlip councillors would have more of a vested interest in this than a constituency td

I'm really talking about all representatives. Leixlip Library went on reduced opening hours during the recession (it doesn't open till lunchtime now even though it's staffed from early morning... mind boggles), and when the LPT was introduced and KCC had a surplus the town council asked could the original hours be restored. KCC said no, town council said ok, and that was the end of it. So Leixlip people have to use Lucan Library in the mornings, particularly kids who are studying for exams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

I notice that there is planning for a new estate across the road from Beech Park, applied for in March 2016. Perhaps that might encourage a better bus service?

Is anyone living around there and can say what the traffic is like in the mornings in the estate or creche?

File number 16282
    Killross Properties Limited
    Development Description: the provision of 195 No. dwellings, comprising 1 No. 5 bedroom two-storey detached house; 22 No. 4/5 bedroom three-storey semi-detached houses; 39 No. 4 bedroom two-storey semi-detached houses; 1 No. 4 bedroom two-storey detached house; 126 No. 3 bedroom two-storey semi-detached and terraced houses; and 6 No. 2 bedroom apartments in a two storey building together with 390 No. ancillary car parking spaces (comprising 12 No. on-street car parking spaces and 378 No. on-curtilage car parking spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

Leixlip Library went on reduced opening hours during the recession (it doesn't open till lunchtime now even though it's staffed from early morning... mind boggles), and when the LPT was introduced and KCC had a surplus the town council asked could the original hours be restored. KCC said no, town council said ok,

As far as I'm aware the staff in Leixlip & Celbridge (and possibly maynooth) libraries alternate their time between both libraries. When Leixlip is open Celbridge is generally closed & vice versa (except for Sat mornings). so when KCC veto'd the extra hours it was due to not having enough staff (either by choice or otherwise) to have both libraries open fulltime.

As far as I'm aware the staff in Leixlip & Celbridge (and possibly maynooth) libraries alternate their time between both libraries. When Leixlip is open Celbridge is generally closed & vice versa (except for Sat mornings). so when KCC veto'd the extra hours it was due to not having enough staff (either by choice or otherwise) to have both libraries open fulltime.

The opening hours are the same Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, with only Mon and Saturday contrasting.

There are a number of staff in there from 9am, when the library is closed, including the caretaker.

If it is a staffing issue it's one person who's working part time that's the problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

machalla wrote: »
    I notice that there is planning for a new estate across the road from Beech Park, applied for in March 2016. Perhaps that might encourage a better bus service?

Is anyone living around there and can say what the traffic is like in the mornings in the estate or creche?

File number 16282

Larry Mckenna, same lad who owns Base in celbridge and the industrial park that its in. Id imagine it'll get through no bother, chap has had a lot of other development done around the area.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You want a TD to work at local level? But sure that is a large part of why our political system is broken!
    Read her electoral bumpf over the years and you'd think that public transport for the town was her core concern. At least she's stopped asking for a maglev-equippped DART, though (she did seriously do this)
    Yes, people expect the local crap from our TDs and unfortunately they then feel that they must pander to these whims!
    It's damaging for the country in the long run!

kbannon wrote: »
    You want a TD to work at local level? But sure that is a large part of why our political system is broken!

I'd be happy if she worked at all (except on grudges). Skips entering government where she could actually have made some changes to have fights with her "co-leaders" and drives one of the them out. Least useful TD we've had in the constituency since Fitzpatrick in my eyes, and he was unwell.
    Yes, people expect the local crap from our TDs and unfortunately they then feel that they must pander to these whims!

Considering how little councils do, how little they are capable of doing and how little they are funded, the Dail is effectively the only tier of government we have. So yes - until councils are empowered TDs do need to work on local issues.

You want a TD to work at local level?

Like it or not most do, which is why some constituencies have a lot more stuff than others. The TDs that don't are leaving slices of the pie behind that others will happily take.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭2011abc

The opening hours are the same Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, with only Mon and Saturday contrasting.

There are a number of staff in there from 9am, when the library is closed, including the caretaker.

If it is a staffing issue it's one person who's working part time that's the problem!

Inappropriate comment surely ?

Advertisement