Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2016, July 4, Stage 3: Granville / Angers *SPOILERS*

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

neris wrote: »
    i know its cycling but wheres the race

Just about to start

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Looked like Cavendish?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

Cav got that me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

I think Cav got it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Moflojo

Cav by a tyre width?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

'WE WILL NEED TO LOOK BACK IN ANGERS TODAY!!!!!'

Whoever said that CK is a bad commentator. :);)

The final hour today was great to listen to. And another brilliant finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

thats was very very close

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Most mind numbing stage ever but with a great finish. Fair play to Cav.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

What a sprint. Well done Cav. 28 TdF stage wins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

isnt he one of those riders who tags along in a breakaway and never does anything to help but shoots off when theres points up for grabs and then sits back on after

I never heard that about Voeckler. Riders don't like him because he never gives up, and will attack at at any moment, when other riders might prefer an easier ride.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

isnt he one of those riders who tags along in a breakaway and never does anything to help but shoots off when theres points up for grabs and then sits back on after

That's Cyril Gautier and Dom Pozzivivo.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭dragratchet

Froome sitting 4th in gc and i havent seen his mug once yet this tour. i gotta feeling its going to be one of these stultifying sky overall wins.

Froome sitting 4th in gc and i havent seen his mug once yet this tour. i gotta feeling its going to be one of these stultifying sky overall wins.

I spotted his elbows sticking out from the melee up the last climb yesterday!

O6N43l2.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

how did bennett do?

how did bennett do?

He finished 186th, 2 minutes behind, its pretty clear he's still recovering from the nasty crash he had a couple of days ago, will probably be next week, fingers crossed, by the time he's recovered enough to feature you'd think.

Brian Coquard really throws the bike around in a sprint. Check out how he wrings it from side to side just behind Greipel and Cav and note the difference in style.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,426 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Quote from Sagan:
    "Today was a relaxed day for us, in the break there was just one rider, so we went slow. I was thinking at one time that we'd stop for a coffee like in the old times but there wasn't a bar."

Ha :pac:

Inquitus wrote: »
    He finished 186th, 2 minutes behind, its pretty clear he's still recovering from the nasty crash he had a couple of days ago, will probably be next week, fingers crossed, by the time he's recovered enough to feature you'd think.

Sam's day in his own words.
    Todays stage.

"They went a lot easier, it was perfect for a recovery day - a long, six hour recovery day. It was good to stay in the peloton for longer, and it was good for morale as well I suppose. There are a few harder days to come. I didn't feel better, but I was going harder and faster today, and I was in the peloton longer today, so it is positive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Melodeon

I think it's almost the direct opposite: he harangues and berates his breakaway 'colleagues' if he thinks they're not trying hard enough. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭letape

Melodeon wrote: »
    I think it's almost the direct opposite: he harangues and berates his breakaway 'colleagues' if he thinks they're not trying hard enough. :D

Absolutely - and he never gives up or accepts defeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Was planning on getting to see some of this stage but things got in the way as usual. However on the way around Rennes I did see a lot of the team coaches on the far side. So I kinda saw a bit of it...

Was in and around Angers / Saumur / Poitiers 2 weeks ago and it's really, very good cycling country.

Advertisement