Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

? Wifi in Holles Street

Options
  • 03-07-2016 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if there is Wifi in the hospital? I'm going to be doing a lot of hanging around tomorrow

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Good one...

AFAIR there is no wifi in any of the maternity hospitals in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Hell to the no, unfortunately. Bring a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Definitely not.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

No WiFi, if you've got a kindle I'd strongly recommend bringing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

No.

A&E in temple st, and delivery rooms in Rotunda all have big signs saying "Do not use mobile phones, they may interfere with medical equipment".

I always remind myself of those when wondering about wifi there. It's probably a bit of a no-brainer when you think about it, really :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

No wifi in waiting area in Tralee general either apart from all the office ones you pick up that need a password. But there is wifi in one of the gyne wards, right next to the labour ward! I had an overnight stay recently & was surprised to pick it up! Not the best signal, but was glad of it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

BusyIzzy wrote: »
    No.

A&E in temple st, and delivery rooms in Rotunda all have big signs saying "Do not use mobile phones, they may interfere with medical equipment".

I always remind myself of those when wondering about wifi there. It's probably a bit of a no-brainer when you think about it, really :)

Well no, most parts of Crumlin are now equipped with (free) wifi and Temple St definitely has wifi also, in the a&e as I have connected to it to get my son to watch Youtube Kids app while getting his head glued back together.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

There was full wifi in the hospital where I had my son - early on in labour I was watching Father Ted on YouTube to try and distract from the contractions!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I was in the Mater private a few months ago. It was meant to have free wifi but I couldn't get it to work.

Instead I used my phone's 4G to make it a mobile hotspot and used that to get internet on the Ipad.
    I was comfortably able to watch netflix and surf the internet.
    A plug and making sure your mobile data covers wifi hotspot usage are advisable if you're going this route though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I was in the Mater private a few months ago. It was meant to have free wifi but I couldn't get it to work.

Instead I used my phone's 4G to make it a mobile hotspot and used that to get internet on the Ipad.
    I was comfortably able to watch netflix and surf the internet.
    A plug and making sure your mobile data covers wifi hotspot usage are advisable if you're going this route though.

Must tell the hubby that. He's the one going to be waiting around while I am in labour! lol
    Although saying that, do they allow mobiles to be even used while on the labour ward?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Must tell the hubby that. He's the one going to be waiting around while I am in labour! lol
    Although saying that, do they allow mobiles to be even used while on the labour ward?

Was definitely wifi in Holles St. But it's staff only I think.

Advertisement