Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another smash on the hartstown road

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Dartz wrote: »
    Doesn't matter.

They broke my car.

They damaged my car in such a way that might impair its roadholding and overall safety.

And no other road with ramps or shopping centre with humps couldn't have done that at any point?

"They" didnt break anything. Your car required maintenance anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Dartz wrote: »
    Whenever the hell I can afford the time and money for the part to show up. Be nice to be able to afford a brand new ****box like some people seem to think everyone can.

Of course, I need it for work so going without's not really an option.

The fact you cant afford a new car doesnt give you licence to drive your car in full knowledge that the "road holding and overall safety" is impaired.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭Dartz

Then how do I do my job?

I don't get paid enough to rent a car.
    Or take a taxi
    I have no annual leave left.

And public transport is full of scumbags. And doesn't carry tools and equipment.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK guys, take it to PM if you want to discuss this further. While I sympathise with your plight Dartz, it could be entirely coincidental that the part failed on your car while you were going over one of the new ramps and it could have gone had you hit a bump elsewhere. Or maybe the ramp is responsible, but either way we have no way of knowing. However if you feel strongly enough about it I suggest you take it up with Fingal County Council.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

I see they've installed the same ramps on the Church Rd in Mulhuddart - they don't seem as step or possibly narrower.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Are the ramps on Church Road not the ones that have been there for years?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Are the ramps on Church Road not the ones that have been there for years?

Further down towards the Shanty bridge are new ones the old ones were up past Spar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I drove there yesterday afternoon and never noticed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I wonder is there time to make a submission to the new Fingal Development Plan to just install ramps on all new roads :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Have found one objection to the ones on Hartstown, this evening and ambulance with lights on and someone in the back had to come to a near stop at each one. Pretty sh1t if it was an emergency!

• Advertisement
Advertisement