If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Sony Bravia KDL43W755C

Options
  • 03-07-2016 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I bought this TV back in December 2015 from your online store order number 103027. I am having a problem with this TV on a daily basis. It's refuses to accept any commands either by remote or buttons.  The only way to get it working again is to plug it out.  It will do this a few times a day.  I have made sure the firmware is updated and have redone the setup again but it hasn't fixed it. Any help you can offer is appreciated as it's driving the wife and kids cuckoo.

Thanks

Trevor.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

I bought this TV back in December 2015 from your online store order number 103027. I am having a problem with this TV on a daily basis. It's refuses to accept any commands either by remote or buttons.  The only way to get it working again is to plug it out.  It will do this a few times a day.  I have made sure the firmware is updated and have redone the setup again but it hasn't fixed it. Any help you can offer is appreciated as it's driving the wife and kids cuckoo.

Thanks

Trevor.
    Hey Trevor.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your screen.

As its over 42" we can get our engineer out to you. They will either fix it there (if possible) or take it away and then return it to you.

Drop me over your address in a PM and I'll get it booked in for.

Again apologies that you are having issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

PM sent.

Thanks.

PM sent.

Thanks.
    Cheers :)

Hi,

Just to give ye an update on this.  The service man was out today to have a look at the TV.  He said that the current Sony software is more than likely causing my problems.  He checked the software version and it was the same version that was causing other problems for different customers.  He hoped that Sony would issue a software update soon.  I am hoping this will be fixed in a couple of weeks.  Would it be possible for ye to put a bit of pressure on Sony regarding the problem?  Its a pity the TV is buggy as the picture quality is quite good.

Thanks for the help.

Hi,

Just to give ye an update on this.  The service man was out today to have a look at the TV.  He said that the current Sony software is more than likely causing my problems.  He checked the software version and it was the same version that was causing other problems for different customers.  He hoped that Sony would issue a software update soon.  I am hoping this will be fixed in a couple of weeks.  Would it be possible for ye to put a bit of pressure on Sony regarding the problem?  Its a pity the TV is buggy as the picture quality is quite good.

Thanks for the help.
    Hey Selfbuilder1.

I'll drop Sony a call tomorrow to see if they have a release date for the new firmware.

Apologies for the hassle on this one.

• Advertisement

Hi folks,

Just to close this one.  Sony updated the firmware about a month ago and since the update the TV has been working without any issue.  I have to say the service from you guys was excellent.  I was singing your praises so much my brother bought the silver version of this TV from ye and he's delighted with it.  Thanks again.

Hi folks,

Just to close this one.  Sony updated the firmware about a month ago and since the update the TV has been working without any issue.  I have to say the service from you guys was excellent.  I was singing your praises so much my brother bought the silver version of this TV from ye and he's delighted with it.  Thanks again.
    Hi selfbuilder,

Thanks for keeping us updated and glad you got sorted with your TV! If you need anything else don't hesitate to give us a shout.

Many thanks

David

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.