Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for advice (another of those damn threads)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

That pug if it checked out would be a nice motor. The others would be a downgrade from what you have. Rented one last year and was impressed by the refinement and comfort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭sentenel

Thanks GustavoFring
    This was the Peugeot I meant to link to:
    http://m.carsireland.ie/detail.php?ad_id=1474373&r=s.php%3Fdl%3D1326%26g%3D2
    Cheers
    Joe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

Heard only good things about the 508, I guess it would require extensive test drive to see if it suits, but if it does, there isn't much to go wrong apparently.

On this particular one, I'd be inquiring about the 3 owners in 4 years.

I am guessing the dealer registered it first in his name to meet his targets so really it'd have only 2 owners, but still, I'd thoroughly check history (finance, service...).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The 508 is really a Citroen C5, underneath the styling they are the same car so should be a safe bet. Light years ahead of the 407 before it too.

Cheers Nuw & bazz26
    It's an English import unregistered but will be and NCT. He's looking for €5750 with mine. I thought this was a bit high
    Cheers
    Joe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Unfortunately the mileage on your own car is counting against you as a trade-in.

Also get the car's old UK reg and do a history check against it as that mileage is pretty low for a 4 year old UK diesel car, not unheard of with a private owner but most of them coming in are ex fleet.

I know the high mileage is a price killer :( . Would love to get into a Skoda Superb estate but dont think the moneys going to add up
    cheers
    joe

Advertisement