Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How euro 2016 might look if it was still a 16 team tornament

• 04-07-2016 12:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭

Ok I decided just out of curiosity to see how a euro 2016 tournament may look if it was still only a 16 team competition obivously ireland aren't in it we wouldnt have qualified in a 16 team format.

In playoffs slovakia would have gained automatic qualification due to them being the second place with the most points.

Playoffs
    Seeded Un-seeded
    Poland v Romania Poland win
    Croatia v Albania Croatia win
    Switzerland v Iceland Switzerland win
    Wales v Russia Wales win

The final seeds for the draw
    Seed 1 Seed 2 Seed 3 Seed 4
    Belgium Italy Russia Wales
    Spain England Poland N.Ireland
    Germany Portugal Switzerland Slovakia
    Croatia Czech Republic Austria

In order of my prediction these are the final groups
    Group A Group B Group C Group D
    1.France 1.Belgium 1.Germany 1.Italy
    2.England 2.Slovakia 2.Croatia 2.Spain
    3.Switzerland 3.Portugal 3.N.Ireland 3.Poland
    4.Austria 4.Czech Republic 4.Russia 4.Wales

Quarter Finals
    France v Slovakia France win
    Belgium v England Belgium win
    Germany v Spain Germany win
    Italy v Croatia Italy win

Semi Finals
    France v Belgium France win
    Germany v Italy Germany win

Final
    France v Germany
    Just like the real semi final a really tough call but I think Germany might just sneak this one.

These are just my opinions I did a draw myself and made this I know it is pretty irrelevant since the euros will always be a 24 team tournament what gave the inspiration was a thread I saw showing what euro 2012 may look like if it was a 24 team tornament so thought I'd do this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

You have Englad finsihing above Switzerland and Austria and Wales at bottom of their group

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

(error message i got when first trying to post : You have included 470 images in your message. You are limited to using 15 images so please go back and correct the problem and then continue again. )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

How are Russia in the euros if Wales beat them in the playoff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,330 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

And Slovakia finished 2nd and 4th in their group. Serious depth in Slovakian football that they can field two teams in the Euro finals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

How are Russia in the euros if Wales beat them in the playoff?

Think that's France

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Stephen15 wrote: »
    Ok I decided just out of curiosity to see how a euro 2016 tournament may look if it was still only a 16 team competition obivously ireland aren't in it we wouldnt have qualified in a 16 team format.

In playoffs slovakia would have gained automatic qualification due to them being the second place with the most points.

Playoffs
    Seeded Un-seeded
    Poland v Romania Poland win
    Croatia v Albania Croatia win
    Switzerland v Iceland Switzerland win
    Wales v Russia Wales win

The final seeds for the draw
    Seed 1 Seed 2 Seed 3 Seed 4
    Belgium Italy Russia Wales
    Spain England Poland N.Ireland
    Germany Portugal Switzerland Slovakia
    Croatia Czech Republic Austria

In order of my prediction these are the final groups
    Group A Group B Group C Group D
    1.France 1.Belgium 1.Germany 1.Italy
    2.England 2.Slovakia 2.Croatia 2.Spain
    3.Switzerland 3.Portugal 3.N.Ireland 3.Poland
    4.Austria 4.Slovakia 4.Russia 4.Wales

Quarter Finals
    France v Slovakia France win
    Belgium v England Belgium win
    Germany v Spain Germany win
    Italy v Croatia Italy win

Semi Finals
    France v Belgium France win
    Germany v Italy Germany win

Final
    France v Germany
    Just like the real semi final a really tough call but I think Germany might just sneak this one.

These are just my opinions I did a draw myself and made this I know it is pretty irrelevant since the euros will always be a 24 team tournament what gave the inspiration was a thread I saw showing what euro 2012 may look like if it was a 24 team tornament so thought I'd do this.

Kind of pointless really. When you know top 2 is what is required then you aren't going to try that hard to top the qualifying group. You'll do what is needed to qualify.

• Advertisement
Advertisement