Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celestron Star Sense

Options
  • 04-07-2016 4:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if any of you, have used the Celestron Star Sense?
    Would you recommend it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

manicdee wrote: »
    Hello everyone.

I was wondering if any of you, have used the Celestron Star Sense?
    Would you recommend it?
    Haven't used it, but it does sound like an interesting add-on over the old tried and tested Celestron Nexstar hand control aligment system.
    I am aware of some firmware issues from early on but they appear to be sorted by now.
    It all comes down to convience I suppose, the claimed time of a StarSense alignment would appear to be 3 minutes. The usual aligment time with Nexstar hand controller (for me on a CPC 925) is in or around 5/8 minutes.
    However the only thing that would stop me adding it to my kit is the price of €400 which to my mind is a bit too rich when I already have a integrated system (Nexstar) in place.

Good discussion about Statsense on the Cloudy Nights forum http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/471930-celestron-starsense-autoalign/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Agreed, the price is too steep to fix something that isn't broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

I'm using it,a brilliant piece of kit.
    Make sure its updated to latest firmware,both the unit handheld and the mount engines firmware.
    Coupled with the GPS unit,in few minutes I have the scope ready.
    Enjoy it !!

Advertisement