Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company van beneficial to mortgage application?

Options
  • 04-07-2016 8:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone know if having a company van is beneficial to a mortgage application? I don't own a private car.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Aph2016 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Does anyone know if having a company van is beneficial to a mortgage application? I don't own a private car.

Why would it be? Owning a vehicle is not a pre requisite for a mortgage

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

Yes I know that, what I mean is I don't have the monthly outgoings of insurance, car tax and petrol as I drive a company van.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

athtrasna wrote: »
    Why would it be? Owning a vehicle is not a pre requisite for a mortgage
    I believe the OP is alluding to the money saving aspects of having a fully expensed vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Not explicitly, no. You won't be asked about your car circumstances.

It's beneficial if the cost saving is reflected in a good savings record every month. But not having a private car doesn't guarantee someone has more available income.

• Advertisement

vandriver wrote: »
    I believe the OP is alluding to the money saving aspects of having a fully expensed vehicle.

Apart from the tax and usc payable for private use of such a vehicle? Not sure if banks consider that?

Patww79 wrote: »
    Why the quip? You know what they mean.

OP I don't believe it does.

Not a quip, a genuine question fwiw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

athtrasna wrote: »
    Apart from the tax and usc payable for private use of such a vehicle? Not sure if banks consider that?

It's commercial, no BIK. Well there is technically at a very low rate but it's never enforced.

OP, no it is just an expense you don't have. Like you might not have childminding costs. If its not there it's not there, great but it won't work against you like a car loan would...but they won't treat it as extra income if that's what you are thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 68,904 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Mentioning things which would be ordinary costs for others but aren't for you could work against you if you aren't showing a suitably increased savings rate. Having no commuting costs and other things covered by expenses means you have much reduced required outgoings but the bank will want to see that cash saved, not spent elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭Aph2016

Thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement