Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon sellers account and vat

Options
  • 04-07-2016 9:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all

Does anyone have an Amazon seller account here?

If so can you answer my question.

Price: £130.00
    Shipping: £4.64
    Amazon fees: -£24.85
    Your earnings: £109.79

Above is th dispatch conformation I get from Amazon .

Do I have to pay vat to on my earrings £109 or have Amazon already collected the vat.??

As far as I understand Amazon collect vat and do the vat return so that 109 is mine.

Someone might change confirm ?

Thanks in advance....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 HarvestMoon

Hi, you pay vat on the £130, Amazon don't collect the VAT as such, their end is all nicely tied up in the commission via a Luxembourg entity, so don't believe they pay vat at all, but that is beside the point (the wonder of being able to hire very expensive lawyers and tax advisers, wonder where the tax adviser got all their knowledge from, check your seller agreement with Amazon!).

You should be paying vat at 23% to Irish revenue, alternately you can look at distance selling rules and register for VAT in other EU countries, say UK and avail of lower vat rate of 20%, depends on thresholds being met etc.

That is my understanding of it, may not be technically 100% correct but have researched it a bit for our own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mikefrommeath

Thanks for your reply......Do you know if I do not need to charge VAT for the first €35 or €70k?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Thanks for your reply......Do you know if I do not need to charge VAT for the first €35 or €70k?

You don't have to register for VAT up to 70 but once you do you charge VAT for the lot. There's no VAT free allowance unfortunately!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,195 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You pay tax on your earrings (profit)
    You collect vat on your sales and claim back vat on your purchases.
    If you think your going to be doing a good bit of buying and selling and incurring vatable expensive it's probably worth registering for vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 HarvestMoon

H As above, depends if you are already vat registered or not. If you are registered you should be reclaiming your input vat and offset against the vat payable over to revenue on sales.

Then you would look at the thresholds and how they may impact.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

This is not a straightforward area. What exactly are you supplying via amazon, goods or services (e-services).

dbran

Advertisement