Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North county Dublin living

Options
  • 04-07-2016 9:49am

Specifically the area in between ashbourne swords Balbriggan and the coast? The countryside areas?

Anyone live in the areas, who's not originally from there? How do ye find it? For supermarkets, commute to Dublin etc?
    There appears to be good value in houses around there.
    Schools are not a consideration.

How far drive to the coast? Are there any areas for nice walks?
    It's one part if Dublin I really don't know so any information you can give will be appreciated.
    I don't work regular hours, so rush hour isn't a problem to the city.

Is there anywhere you would recommend, I don't like Balbriggan.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Here in the north county we're blessed with lovely beaches and parks. Where you choose to live depends on what you're personally looking for, whether you want a built up area or a more rural one.

I live in Swords, and within 5 minutes I can be at Swords Estuary, 10-15 minutes I can be on the beach in Malahide or Portmarnock, or at Malahide Castle. A little bit longer in the car and I can be at Newbridge House, Donabate beach, rush Loughshinny or Skerries beaches, or Ardgillen Demesne. All within about 25-30 minutes. We head for the beaches at the weekends all year round.

And we're so close to the M50 it's easy to get other places too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Supermarkets:The only one we dont have yet is Aldi. Nearest one is Santry.
    Commute: I work early mornings. Live in Balrothery and work in D11. 20 mins max at 6am.
    How far form the coast? Depends on where you are coming from but no more then 15mins,
    Nice scenic walks. Too many to mention.
    Many nice cafe's dotted about with Skerries being the best place for good food both pub and more formal.
    Recomend an area.
    Naul as long as you dont need public transport. Lovely village. Pub and cafe that has music gigs as well.
    Ballyboughal. Same as above.
    Balrothery is a bit more livelier though we really really need a cafe along the lines of Ruby's or the one in The Naul.
    HTH

oh and a great cycling club in Balrothery as well ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 MrsD123

bubblypop wrote: »
    Specifically the area in between ashbourne swords Balbriggan and the coast? The countryside areas?

Anyone live in the areas, who's not originally from there? How do ye find it? For supermarkets, commute to Dublin etc?
    There appears to be good value in houses around there.
    Schools are not a consideration.

How far drive to the coast? Are there any areas for nice walks?
    It's one part if Dublin I really don't know so any information you can give will be appreciated.
    I don't work regular hours, so rush hour isn't a problem to the city.

Is there anywhere you would recommend, I don't like Balbriggan.
    Thanks

We moved here recently. Very good decision for our family.

Come and drive around to get a feel. We have bought in Skerries. Small house, but a great compromise as the town is perfect for us.

Great links to town on train and close to m1.
    Feels like a healthy and happy place to be.

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

What's wrong with Balbriggan? :P

Advertisement