Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cat trap Cork/Limerick/Kerry

• 04-07-2016 9:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I could get the lend of a cat trap for a few days or a week in the Cork/Limerick/Kerry area? I will pay whatever the charge is.
    I need to trap a feral cat to neuter her but my vet has only one cage and it is in use by someone else for all of this week.
    But I am only off work for a week so I won't be able to do it next week.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

In Limerick, Monaleen Vets and Clare Street Vets both have cat traps to loan out to clients. Only snag being you would therefore have to bring the cat to them in Limerick. Whereabouts are you exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

boomerang wrote: »
    In Limerick, Monaleen Vets and Clare Street Vets both have cat traps to loan out to clients. Only snag being you would therefore have to bring the cat to them in Limerick. Whereabouts are you exactly?

Thanks for the reply but that's too far (I'm near Newmarket, Co. Cork).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

Go on to feralcatsireland.org

The website has contact details for TNR volunteers all around the country. They should be able to help, good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

jomalone14 wrote: »
    Go on to feralcatsireland.org

The website has contact details for TNR volunteers all around the country. They should be able to help, good luck!

I tried them. There were two numbers for Cork. I texted them both. One told me they don't rent out traps. The other number didn't reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,739 ✭✭✭pawrick

stick a post up requesting one on their page, people are always popping in and out checking the posts and might have a spare trap to loan if they live near you. Not all people with traps to loan like their contact details put up due to the amount of calls they receive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

As far as I know Mackessy's Vets in Newmarket have a cat trap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭jomalone14

lukin wrote: »
    I tried them. There were two numbers for Cork. I texted them both. One told me they don't rent out traps. The other number didn't reply.

Did they not offer to come out and help trap the cat with you rather than renting you a trap? I had a TNR volunteer from the website out on Monday evening to trap an 8 week old abandoned feral kitten. The volunteer was brilliant, all done within an hour and a half.

Advertisement