Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Career in Property - Advice and Experiences

Options
  • 04-07-2016 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

What areas have people worked in since graduating from a Property/Business related degree and what advice would you give if you were to do it all over again.

I'm set to graduate from a Property Economics degree and will be applying for jobs around Oct/Nov. While having completed work experience in one of the big property consultancy/agency firms in it's commercial department I am not completely convinced its the area I want to pursue, I've more of an interest in property investment and investments in general and would some day hope to work in a fund such as a REIT.

But everyone seems hell bent on getting into one of the agency firms and doing their APC exams.

I guess the question I am asking is do investment companies like Green REIT or Davy and the likes take on graduates from my discipline or are there other opportunities other that agency and APC's.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭whatnext

Why not go on to LinkedIn and have a look?

The answer is they do, but mostly hire experienced chartered professionals.

You need to get yourself chartered before you choose a route.

Advertisement