Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Improving the concept of setting up business in the county of Mayo?

• 04-07-2016 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭

My idea for this thread is that we see and identify possible ways of improving the concept of setting up business in the county of Mayo?

The reason I do this is that I feel that there has been a lot of very good ideas in the past on boards.ie and this has the potential to be a way of channelling ideas in one organised conversation.

Also we have firsthand knowledge of living in or visiting Mayo, we might have spotted opportunities, drawbacks that could be easily fixed and issues that are making living in rural Ireland very difficult.

I would ask that posters not only give their idea but explain why it is a good idea and why they think that it is of benefit to the county in its bid to attract more employers to the county.

I think for the viability of the thread it would be pointless to get into a direct political conversation, there has been enough lambasting of politicians in the past, we all know there is plenty of issues that people can get very annoyed about. These conversations have been had and will be had again I’m just hoping that this thread will be allowed to flourish with all political ideologies or not.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭voz es

In my opinion the western rail corridor and Knock airport should be linked. this would basically bring in place a redirection of the rail line. to include knock basilica and knock airport between the Charlestown and Claremorris train stops. This would provide a real coup for knock airport being that it would be the only rail connected airport in the country. Also it would be a direct stop for Knock town one of Europe's biggest religious attractions.

I understand that this would result in the old line between Claremorris and Charlestown being left but I believe there is a strong push for a green way, both needs would then be meet this this idea. I understand the gradient to the airport and CPO's issues to arise with such a concept, it may mean lighter rail and i'm not too sure if it is then viable.

I also Feel that Knock airport should be utilised as a rail and air industrial hub, innovations centers should also be considered.

Just ideas is all.

Advertisement