Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your new improved government regulations compliant cycle part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Double Gapper via lake drive, then the full wall and red lane. Legs felt last night's race on the steep climbs (not so much on the gaps). Lake Drive still the worse bit though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Macy0161 wrote: »
    Double Gapper via lake drive, then the full wall and red lane. Legs felt last night's race on the steep climbs (not so much on the gaps). Lake Drive still the worse bit though.

you didn't do Altidore, Slaughter Hill and Devils Glen as well? - you wuss :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Nice 30km around the back (back) roads around Ballyboughal and Rolestown. Lovely afternoon for it but my God those roads are in a terrible state.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Felexicon wrote:
    Nice 30km around the back (back) roads around Ballyboughal and Rolestown. Lovely afternoon for it but my God those roads are in a terrible state.

I know them well!! Had a rather deflating experience last Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Macy0161

loyatemu wrote:
    you didn't do Altidore, Slaughter Hill and Devils Glen as well? - you wuss

They're on the route for my recovery spin tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Nice slow 40kms tonight. Really enjoyed it apart from the intake of flies on the canal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

Ditto.. did a handy 40 km out to blessington and back through manor kilbride and home. Absolutely lovely evening out there... just enjoyed the views this evening and paid no attention to The Garmin... surprised with an avg of 25.8 kph.. felt more like I was expecting a 23 to 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Stocking, cruagh, glencullen, round to merry ploughboy again and via chapelizod on the way home to make a 50k. Lovely morning for it except for the amount of flies/midges/wasps/ants about - its the first proper insect day ive had on the bike this year

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭barrier86

52k. City centre, howth, malahide, then I lost my bidon around swords so I had to turn back.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Budawanny

35km 1200M, of reverse Shay Elliot , reverse slieve Maan and then back Slieve Maan and shay Elliot to Laragh. It was hard. Reverse Slieve Maan never ends.

• Advertisement

51km this morning. Swords > Malahide > >Portmarnock > Baldoyle and then the full length of the seafront and back.

Lovely morning for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Mount Leinster 145. Grand ole day of it. Earned that 99.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

ED E wrote: »

I was up there for walk today, fair play to ye it was great to see it. every time I stopped to let a group on they were all courteous

I did 68km myself today, my furthest yet legs are in bits and that wind was a nightmare.
    Carlow-Paulstown(back road)-Gowran-Gorsebridge-Borris-bagenalstown-carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

Out to blessington and did the lake drive, stunning views on the day that was in it, met the Russborough 50km guys and gals on the stretch from Lacken to blessington. Love that spin.... blessed to have it so close to home..... embrace the lakes . Ended up doing 75 km avg 27 kph. 650m

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

ED E wrote: »

Did that myself today. The wind heading up to Nine Stones was cruel though. Liked the new route.

Not me, but my buddy deserves special mention. He started cycling last September, today He did a solo 110k with 2000m @26kph.
    To me that's seriously impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

cdaly_ wrote: »
    What hubs? Many of them are serviceable. Might be just a matter of cleaning and oiling...

They are dead, I've ignored the clunks from the back end for ages, the springs keep popping over the pawls and the Freehub is worn away.

PX selcof hubs which I think might be novatech, so will have a look at some point maybe.

I got a bonus at work so now on a shiney new 20five hope hoop with a RS4 hub, really smooth, doesn't sound like a herd of bees and supported for ages.

Step up in distance and speed today, 95km @ 28kmph, thought I was terrible struggling to keep up and getting a tow for the last 25km or so as we scooted down to Ferns and then back through the country. Strava tells me I have loads of PRs.

I have no idea of my fitness any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Longest spin yet. Just shy of 60k.1 stop for food and drink. Managed quite well. 58.65k, 2hr12min, avg speed 26.5kph. Preperation for croi coming along nicely.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

48km today - out along the clontarf bike path, up over howth and back to glasnevin via portmarnock and malahide.
    decided to try out the right hand turn at the church in howth which several people here have mentioned. good thing there was the word 'SLOW' painted in the road every 200m or so, i'd have shot up it otherwise.

48km today - out along the clontarf bike path, up over howth and back to glasnevin via portmarnock and malahide.
    decided to try out the right hand turn at the church in howth which several people here have mentioned. good thing there was the word 'SLOW' painted in the road every 200m or so, i'd have shot up it otherwise.

Took a similar route today with a buddy. D8 to Howth, we left the head off though (said buddy did 2000m yesterday) then over to Portmarnock and Malahide, back into the city and onto the Royal Canal which we followed to Castlenock, Strawberry Beds and through Lucan to the Grand Canal and home. 82kms all in. Me and bike covered in mud, clean now though :)

• Advertisement

I went out chasing a bit of speed last night, managed a PR on the Howth Hill TT, still slow compared to you lot but it was all in the saddle and without killing myself.

Uneventful for the rest, although a few times over the last couple of weeks along the coast since we've had the decent weather I've had people grab my wheel and stick on me for the length. I'll be honest and say I got a fright a couple of times

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

heh, some lads from clontarf tagged onto me in ardcath a few months ago and shouted hello. scared the living bejesus out of me.

41km yesterday evening - chillier than expected, but really nice. a day for keeping your mouth shut with all the swarms of flies about.
    managed my fastest 40km yet, 29.3km/h average.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Into work and back yesterday, 60K round trip. Normally I'd cycle in one day and back the next due to the distance, but Irish Rails signalling difficulties meant it was probably quicker to cycle. Surprisingly I was quicker going home, and broke a bunch of PRs.

Got the replacement bus service into town this morning, and sure enough it was much slower than cycling (though not helped by the driver taking us on a magical mystery tour of south Dublin's traffic blackspots - dude there's a feckin' bus lane on the N11, why not use that?)

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

Watched the Ras come over the Healy Pass today in absolutely glorious weather.Drove down to Glengarriff this morning with a few friends.Rode the Caha pass and then a few back roads to pop out West of Kenmare,soup and a sandwich in Bunaw and then on through Lauragh to the pass.
    Great atmosphere and plenty of like minded spectators.
    The best 80km I’ve done for ages
    The only downer was the lad who we went to cheer on from the Longford team had a nightmare of a day after first crashing and then mechanicals.
    Glad to at least hand him a can of coke on the final ramp.,

Felex junior woke me up early this morning so decided to get ready and take a bit of a longer route in to work.

Just over 35km in very nice conditions.

Just started commuting again, 63km each way. Totally ballsed it up, 1 bottle of plain water meant I struggled in the last 20 km or so on the way in.

Forgot shower gel and had to 'borrow" some, forgot cash for lunch and had to borrow some and managed to leave my pump at work.

Tired now but chuffed with myself.

Each way? Bleedin hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

saccades wrote:
    Just started commuting again, 63km each way.

Seriously? A one off or do you plan to do regularly?

That must have been 2hr plus each direction.

• Advertisement

Seriously? A one off or do you plan to do regularly?

That must have been 2hr plus each direction.

2:30 in as I got caught up in the school run in Bray and 2:15 home, go up wind gates and rathnew hill so some nice climbs.

Only have time to do it once a week with family commitments unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement