Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your new improved government regulations compliant cycle part II

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

windy out there this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

I concur.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

and hot, the wind wasn't really cooling me down as it was slowing me down. Rare enough experience in Ireland.

It was a horrible warm wind in my face when I was out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,495 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it was 13 degrees at lunchtime and 24 degrees at 6:30. i can't recall the temperature changing so rapidly previously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

it was 13 degrees at lunchtime and 24 degrees at 6:30. i can't recall the temperature changing so rapidly previously.

Was out for lunch and wondering if I should have brought a jumper, by 5 I walked outside and it felt like an oven. Couldn't believe the change. The wind was in my favour this evening, so I was happy out± :D

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭devonp

same here!! did a short spin this morning, left light armwarmers on and put a summer gillet on about halfway, this afternoon in the back garden the temp increase was unreal!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,515 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Very slow this morning , after yesterday’s Wind I had severe engine problems. Just no energy in the legs.

Might have to take a rest day tomorrow. Will see his the 30km spin Home goes.

We’ve time trails in the pool during lunch today. I’m not expecting great results.

windy again. decided to make use of the tailwind and have another crack at the howth TT section from the boards hill climb challenge, knocked two minutes off my time recorded that day. bit of a slog coming back along the sutton-clontarf cycle path.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,977 ✭✭✭Plastik

Ticked over 100,000km on Strava this evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Commute into work is 125km round trip, somehow the wind today was in my face both ways.

Tired and was thinking I have no power in my legs but Strava tells me two pb's on moderate climbs and a second on rathnew hill.

So although it doesn't get easier I'm getting faster.

Oh and got 1 second from a Kom (2nd place), mainly because it's a high Street and I'm riding it at 6am when it's dead but makes me chuckle at the thought of the race savages cursing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

First Spin in roughly 4 years today...

Did a 34.5km spin(LIT to Shannon and back)...did it in 1hr 10mins...average speed of 29.5km according to MapmyRide...Was great to get back on the bike, but its certainly harder than i remember:D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    First Spin in roughly 4 years today...

Did a 34.5km spin(LIT to Shannon and back)...did it in 1hr 10mins...average speed of 29.5km according to MapmyRide...Was great to get back on the bike, but its certainly harder than i remember:D
    Thats a savage average speed for someone who hasn’t been on a bike for 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pjmn

Tipped off early this morning and did my 100km loop out to Maam Cross, across to Rossaveal and home again... glorious morning... averaged 28.8kmph

https://www.strava.com/activities/1656287162

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

Plastik wrote: »
    Ticked over 100,000km on Strava this evening.

Strava will send you a superman cape and a well done card so any day soon.
    But only if you are a premium member -)

It's bloody glorious out there. 52km out to Skryne and back, first time I've managed to beat 30km/h over a reasonable distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,515 ✭✭✭✭ted1

No cycle for me today. But I did go out for a 10 km run and took my two daughters with me on their bikes. That’s they furthest they have gone. Now it did involve a stop midway got ice creams and a further stop for a cold drink but it’s great that they can now cover a bit if distance without whinging.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Lovely morning out for a spin. First time out with a Sunday group out towards Drogheda and then some nice quiet roads, and a few hills. Had to miss the coffee stop and push on home, but 95km @ 28.4kmh giving me 243km for the week

• Registered Users Posts: 14,379 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Garmin reading 29 on the tarmac , 20 degrees in the shade very little traffic,900m of climbing so my usual dog slow average ,but what a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I just wandered out to Howth with an old mate. Very very busy this morning, as to be expected. Glorious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Wicklow is God's own country on a day like today (insert your own deity of choice here...)

also, this is a bollox of a climb, but worth it for the views: https://www.strava.com/segments/5060755

454098.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,142 ✭✭✭nilhg

7 of us from the club headed off early this morning to do most of the old Wicklow Peaks sportive route, Sally Gap from Blessington, Luggala, Roundwood, Laragh, Shay Elliot, Slieve Maan, Ballinabarney Gap, Glen of Immal and Dunlavin.

One of the lads punctured half way up SM and had trouble getting himself sorted, so I got a few bonus KM's dropping back down to him to supervise.

With the spin over from and back to Kildare, and my in and out from home I got todays total up to 160km and 2300+M

Glorious up there today

https://www.strava.com/activities/1659362833

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭devonp

nilhg wrote: »
    7 of us from the club headed off early this morning to do most of the old Wicklow Peaks sportive route, Sally Gap from Blessington, Luggala, Roundwood, Laragh, Shay Elliot, Slieve Maan, Ballinabarney Gap, Glen of Immal and Dunlavin.

did something similar in the other direction, think i saw your group at Glenmalure , i was waiting for the OH in the car park of the Glenmalure lodge, burger & chips!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

105km this morning in blistering heat, absolutely gorgeous out, then down to Lough derg this afternoon for a swim ( there was no running)

devonp wrote: »
    did something similar in the other direction, think i saw your group at Glenmalure , i was waiting for the OH in the car park of the Glenmalure lodge, burger & chips!!

Burger and chips would have gone down nicely, we had to make do with 99s in Dunlavin.....

How many 99s does it take to make up 4,279 calories?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Meant to go on the club spin, instead I went with the family down to the beach on our bikes.

Didn't break sweat but we had a great time, #2 child is coming along in leaps and bounds. #1 was not whinging about her hair and the missus finally tried bib shorts and has seen the light.

All finished off with the world's largest 99s!

BBQ and football to follow, cracking day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'd say one more might get ya near the target.... You know you want to!!!

It's like eating an Elephant, you start with the first bite:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭hesker

saccades wrote: »
    All finished off with the world's largest 99s!

Bigger than this?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement