Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your new improved government regulations compliant cycle part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Kav0777

On the Naas Road this evening at Bluebell and Mr.McGregor went tearing by at warp speed in his i8, frightened the pants off me

I'd be none to plussed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I have the wind at my back in the morning and it's all downhill too. It's just like rolling out of bed and into work.

Smashed a load of pr's on the way into work too with the wind this moaning. :D

enjoy the payback this evening :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

TFW you think to yourself, as you can feel your feet sloshing around in your shoes, 'i wish i'd packed my overshoes this morning', and then realise that yes, you had.
    that's the drowndiest i've been in a long while.

and it was meant to be bloody well dry today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Cancelled plans to visit parents as it was lashing down as I was changing in work, and d'mother is always concerned (come around tomorrow instead), but then it just stopped so did an extended commute home of 25 km in stead of my paltry 8.

Unfortunately I happened across the aftermath of what looked like a bad road collision between a car and a motorcycle and when I looped back directed traffic around by the boot inn instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

I did 97km today my biggest spin yet, unfortunately I forgot to resume strava after a coffee and I could not do another 3km.

still have the 100km goal

I went from Waterford IT down the Greenway to Dungarvan, out of Dungarvan towards Youghal about 6km was trying to get to 50km before I went back. I headed back the N25 to Waterford and cursed some of the hills on it!

• Advertisement

Felt like i no legs today so cut my hilly spin short.

Big shout out to the nutter who sped past me on Kilgarron hill into Enniskerry. He nearly lost it on the rough patch at the junction and then almost ran into a car that stopped ahead of him on the hill.

I hope the rest of your journey was less exciting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

sweltery out there today. the clouds of flies out portmarnock direction were something else.

was on the new road at the back of the airport to the boot inn, couple of cars coming towards me, which were overtaken by two motorbikes. the second motorcyclist - while in the oncoming lane - decided to overtake while pulling a wheelie, and accelerating very hard. not the sort of thing that's good for the heart rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

Tagged along with some Gorey cc members this morning, Gorey to Carnew, shillelagh Tinnahely, hollyfort and back to Gorey. Including my spin to and from Gorey 86 km 27 kph AVG and 700 m of climbing, kudos to them for allowing a guest rider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Trip around the village on 4 wheels with my son and daughter. Stopped and watched the barges at the lock. Nice little circuit. Great to get them out and about. JD.

458750.jpg

That belongs in the pictures of beauty thread. Very nice indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Longest spin of the year for me, 106km. Templeogue to Ashford via Greystones and back.About 900 metres climbing. A Decent 28.3km/h average. First puncture of the year unfortunately too.

Greenman wrote: »
    Trip around the village on 4 wheels with my son and daughter. Stopped and watched the barges at the lock. Nice little circuit. Great to get them out and about. JD.
    what's going on with that double crank setup on the tandem?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

PB on the Howth hill TT today and that was with a subway for lunch which was repeating like a bad episode of fair city. Quick pint in Kilmainham at the end, happy with the progress of late :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,751 ✭✭✭✭dahat

50km Friday, 80km yesterday then 135km today, I'm ready for a body bag now....

Great to be back on the bike though and with a saddle adjustment it has meant a whole new level of comfort on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

85km on Saturday up around Mullaghboy and 105km today out to Howth and back to Dunshaughlin via the City Centre

Cycled the 2kms down to IMMA and got a coffee and a scone... 8.50, 8 ****ing 50, won't be going there again

i suspect i may have passed you (in the other direction) today, at the back of tayto park or somewhere around there.

scratch that, you'd have been out an hour or more before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭rodneyTrotter.

PB on the Howth hill TT today and that was with a subway for lunch which was repeating like a bad episode of fair city. Quick pint in Kilmainham at the end, happy with the progress of late :)

You’re not Deirdre Barlow are ya ?

Today Deirdre Barlow did 7:57 on howth head tt according to strava , and 133k @33 kph in total cycle . Noticed that when I uploaded my spin out there today

That’s seriously hardcore whoever it was

You’re not Deirdre Barlow are ya ?

Today Deirdre Barlow did 7:57 on howth head tt according to strava , and 133k @33 kph in total cycle . Noticed that when I uploaded my spin out there today

That’s seriously hardcore whoever it was

Deirdre Barlow isn't that ugly... not me anyway, I'm still north of 10mins but weather permitting I'll beat it this week.

There has been a ridiculous amount of rides that are definitely ebikes etc, I keep getting notifications that I've lost KOMs, I have a few coming out of town around Kilmainham but then I'm given them back

• Advertisement

My first ever spin on a road bike today (my brother's spare) and did 86km at 27km per hour in a loop from Carrigaline in Cork to Garrettstown beach and back if that makes sense.

Used clip in shoes for the first time which were a small bit tricky at the start. I think his bike was too small for me and I had to wear cargo shorts as the cycling pair my brother promised did not materialise. My arse was killing me by the end and the brother roasted me on the hills.

Waiting on delivery of my own bike so hopefully it's the beginning of something. Really enjoyed the spin and it helped that it was warm and sunny for the most part.

My first ever spin on a road bike today (my brother's spare) and did 86km at 27km per hour
    that's a hell of a debut.

that's a hell of a debut.

Thanks. I was wiped out at the end. I really had no idea what I was getting myself into and was barely hanging in there at the end but it was great fun. I ran for years but have packed it in due to persistent injuries so am on the lookout for a new fix!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Deirdre Barlow isn't that ugly... not me anyway, I'm still north of 10mins but weather permitting I'll beat it this week.

There has been a ridiculous amount of rides that are definitely ebikes etc, I keep getting notifications that I've lost KOMs, I have a few coming out of town around Kilmainham but then I'm given them back

Whoever "Deirdre Barlow" is they put in a serious amount of KM's so doubt it some random eBiker?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

what's going on with that double crank setup on the tandem?

Sorry to go off topic.

Well spotted, it's for the kiddies to reduce the pedal length on the cranks, it works great and can be adjusted as the get older. Bought at St John Street Cycles a great shop for all cycling.

Hope that is of help. JD.

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭davidsatelle100

Usual 101 Ballyfermot to Hollywood via the lake and back. Windy and rainy but still a nice heat out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

A busy august with work and few bike issues had meant only 2 spins this month, but just having had a fitting on my bike and a headset replaced last week, I was mad for road tonight. Went into work 6.30 just to guarantee I'd be out by 5 and on the bike by 5.40, gonna have a nice 80-90km spin and knock the cobwebs outta my legs...No of course there was going to be a problem....

Creaking and crackling noise from my bottom bracket, so had to turn around, got 36.4km @32.1km/HR

So googled bottom bracket noise, my symptoms sounded like it. But the article suggested a few things to check...The crank arm clamp bolts needed to be tightened, brought the bike back out a zero noise...So angry, really could have got a serious spin in...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

Quite pleased with myself to have gotten the Singlespeed up the (easy) village side of Howth up to the summit without stopping.

Had to use it on the club run yesterday which worked out fine thanks to the Iron Man pushing us Westward and had a good blast but wondered how the legs would hold up today.

Was pretty well warmed up by the time I climbed the Sutton side and really thought about my breathing on the final ramp up to the summit car park.

Dropped down to the village for a coffee and a very slimy pastry then applied that same technique to an out of the saddle climb until the gradient eased off.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1784959727/shareable_images/map_based?hl=en-US&v=1534765650

Quite pleased with myself to have gotten the Singlespeed up the (easier) village side of Howth up to the summit without stopping.
    FTFY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Fecking little bastard wasp flew into my helmet on the enniskerry road and stung the scalp off me, blinding agony on the roadside for a few minutes!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement