Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your new improved government regulations compliant cycle part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mloc123 wrote: »
    ...Do McDonalds let you use the drive through on a bike?
    I've done it a few times without any problem (much to the amusement of the staff though).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I've done it a few times without any problem (much to the amusement of the staff though).

I could have killed somebody for a milkshake today at the 60km mark.. will try it during the week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Just over 20k this evening. Short sleeves and shorts ain't gonna cut it anymore. If there was a breeze this evening i would have froze....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Usual work trip except that leaving just a bit past the usual 7 means notably heavier traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,285 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

enjoying the drop in temp, more layers on but overall arriving cooler and not sweaty

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

42km this morning... Kept waiting to find a groove, never happened

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭irishrover99

50th time up Kilmashouge today.
    Can i count that as Everesting it now?.

When I read that first I thought you've been up 50 times today. :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

You must know the secret to it at this stage. Share it with the class?

When I read that first I thought you've been up 50 times today. :eek:

Haha. Even back in time for dinner.

• Advertisement

You must know the secret to it at this stage. Share it with the class?

Be prepared to suffer like no other.
    That’s my only advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 saganfan

Had a nice ride earlier. Had initially started off frustrating as there was a horrible headwind from Clontarf to Cunard. I was about to turn around then but decided to press on and got chatting to a guy and he goes "heading up Kippure?" and so we did! Horrible headwind up, but chatting away you didn't notice it. First time up it so it was a nice experience. Descended with the guy and headed back to Hellfire club before he branched off. Great meeting guys like that out on a cycle, and really rescued the ride for me. Hopefully get out tomorrow but legs may be crying!

saganfan wrote: »
    .. and got chatting to a guy and he goes "heading up Kippure?" and so we did! Horrible headwind up, but chatting away you didn't notice it. First time up it so it was a nice experience. Descended with the guy and headed back to Hellfire club before he branched off. Great meeting guys like that out on a cycle, and really rescued the ride for me. Hopefully get out tomorrow but legs may be crying!
    I've met him a few times in Wicklow if it's the lad I'm thinking of (Canyon bike?). He does a savage amount of climbing - much of it off-road. He uses imperial measurements and has a goal of 1 million feet elevation annually - I suppose that's around 320,000 meters :eek:.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Just checked my Strava ..55 times for me :P

... Had initially started off frustrating as there was a horrible headwind from Clontarf to Cunard. I was about to turn around then but decided to press on...
    A bit like yourself I headed off this morning with great intentions of going to Wicklow but about 40/50k in I realised my heart wasn't really in it (not helped by the wind) so I turned around and took the long way home at a relaxed pace with a bit of sight seeing. Managed to clock up 150k so happy enough with that.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1864903255

colm18 wrote: »
    Just checked my Strava ..55 times for me :P

Your in laws live up there.
    Why the fook have you visited then so many times 😀

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Your in laws live up there.
    Why the fook have you visited then so many times ��

What's your excuse? :pac: Anyway, the PR is the important thing..you're 59 seconds faster than me :mad:

colm18 wrote: »
    What's your excuse:

I promise colm she never said anything about you 😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Out after work for a spin given the pretty decent weather just now, too good to pass up really.

I went off chasing one or two segments given a favourable wind with some success but a herd of cows crossing a road cost me a KOM, frustrating but so be it.

40km at 29.9 avg and a second fastest 1min power of the year..

I've met him a few times in Wicklow if it's the lad I'm thinking of (Canyon bike?). He does a savage amount of climbing - much of it off-road. He uses imperial measurements and has a goal of 1 million feet elevation annually - I suppose that's around 320,000 meters :eek:.

That's the guy! Does a lot of off road stuff. Very nice guy, enjoyed his company and chat as I was imploding on Kippure anyway. But yeah he's mad when it comes to climbing! Might meet him tomorrow if my legs are together.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Flexi day off work and the forecast was good so on the bike I went.
    69 relatively slow kms as I went up Stocking Lane, Over the Featherbeds and down to Enniskerry. It was on this descent a wasp hit me and stung my lip so stopped in Enniskerry to check the swelling. Wasn't too bad after a while so back home via Stepadside.

Originally planned for Kippure but the cloud/mist or whatever was rolling in and visibility was poor. Couldn't see the mast from a distance at all, in fact couldn't see the hill so that was my decision made.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1866788878

Lovely day for a cycle today, although that wind is a bit of a biter.

Went up to Kippure mast via Cruagh and military road. I went out with arm and leg warmers but ended up taking them off, although the descent was a bit chilly. Nice cycle though, nice to have some sun in the face.

65km coffee spin today solo, a bit chilly but a lovely day.

Best partof the spin was seeing what looked like a buzzard having lunch on a freshly killed pigeon, tried to get the phone out for a pic but he flew off after looking my way. Seeing him in full flight was magical,.very impressive looking bird.

dahat wrote: »
    65km coffee spin today solo, a bit chilly but a lovely day.

Best partof the spin was seeing what looked like a buzzard having lunch on a freshly killed pigeon, tried to get the phone out for a pic but he flew off after looking my way. Seeing him in full flight was magical,.very impressive looking bird.

Was that around the top of Cunard? Between Cunard and the piperstown road? Saw a buzzard around there myself, amazing.

Was that around the top of Cunard? Between Cunard and the piperstown road? Saw a buzzard around there myself, amazing.

Far far away from Cunard!!!

It was in S. Tipp, on the road from Grange to Cahir.

Haha well at least we both got to enjoy a buzzard!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,922 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

dahat wrote: »
    Best part of the spin was seeing what looked like a buzzard having lunch on a freshly killed pigeon, tried to get the phone out for a pic but he flew off after looking my way.

alright, free pigeon!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

Did the DAA charity spin this morning, a jaunt around NCD ,a bit of Meath and back, haven't a clue where i was to be honest, mostly did it with about 6 or so riders and last bit with a nice chap Donal from Clontarf cc,
    100km Avg of 30.97 kph.

secman wrote: »
    ... a jaunt around NCD ,a bit of Meath and back, haven't a clue where i was to be honest,...
    A bit of Meath??

.........Kilbride, Ratoath, Batterstown, Drumree, Dunsany, Skryne, Rathfeigh, Curragha, Ashbourne etc.......most of it was in Meath! ;)

Impressive riding from you today secman. You switched on the afterburners following the banana stop and I was promptly shown the back door.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I assumed the donal I knew of was a swords man, not a clontarf one?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement