Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your new improved government regulations compliant cycle part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,287 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Perfect cycle/commuting weather today, no wind and crisp air, nice to have a 3 day break, loads of energy this morning

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Lovely morning for a cycle. Did much the same route a yesterday as I only had about 2 hours. Santry, Ballyboughal, Oldtown and back for 45 kms before work.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Chilly when I left at 10, perfect weather for cycling really. Thoroughly enjoyable 87km from Swords to Portmarnock & Ballyboughal with a few laps of said Ballyboughal thrown in, back via the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭brownian

Loverly spin yesterday from Dundrum over Sally to Laragh, then across Annamoe towards Newtown, Kilcoole, Enniskerry and back to Dundrum. Just over the ton. Apart from the first 15 minutes, it was base-layer only all day long. Mad, but very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Out of work early today so hit the road for an easy couple of hours given the stunning day it was.

Easy cruise around some backroads that have quite alot of leaves and other debris from recent weather hit as the roads were dry it was pretty safe. While it was a bit nippy in the shade the temp was decent which allowed for less layers which is always good.

Arrived home to find Irish Water have the water off all day and now at 8pm still no sign of it back so the baby wipes were uitlized from the summer race bag!!! At this stage I'll be buying a gallon of water to have a decent wash before bed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Chilly 7km creche run this morning, long spin later... time to get the full finger gloves out

• Registered Users Posts: 9,442 ✭✭✭Macy0161

mloc123 wrote: »
    Chilly 7km creche run this morning, long spin later... time to get the full finger gloves out
    Full fingers weren't enough for me this morning. Well there were, until it came to trying to lock the bike/ take off the helmet/ unscrew the lights etc and I realised I couldn't actually feel my fingers! :)

Met was on the ball, had it flagged that it would be cold, had 2 layers , gloves etc. Nice though , no wind and didn't overheat. (12KM mild uphill).

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

mloc123 wrote: »

You're hardier than I. I have had full fingered gloves on for over a month at this stage. and that is not even on long spins, on my commute too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

lovely morning out. Cold at the start but warmed up nicely and no wind!!

https://www.strava.com/activities/1912221339

As for gloves, I had full winter mitts on and a couple of lads had no gloves on at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 saganfan

Very chilly this morning, had a pair of gloves on and could feel a thing though. Ears and neck were frozen off me though, neglected to bring a hat and neck warmer. Nice no wind cycle into work, way home had some headwind. 34km round trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

Toasty night spin on the Mtb, despite road work and spin classes I can't climb to save my life.

Only saving grace is that I was on the igh bike so gave myself a handicap I guess.

Did 5 laps of a left turn only 4.4km route tonight with 800m down hill and 600m up @ 4% (I think, forgot my phone) and was fit to fall off the bike and soaked in sweat due to over dressing. Need to work out the clothing so I'm not cold in the head and hands and over heating in the trunk during the ups and downs.

Fun route though , weeeeeeeee then flat then ahhhggggg. Reverse would be even more weeeeeeeeeeeeee

Ambassador, with this weather you are spoiling us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

saganfan wrote: »
    Very chilly this morning, had a pair of gloves on and could feel a thing though. Ears and neck were frozen off me though, neglected to bring a hat and neck warmer. Nice no wind cycle into work, way home had some headwind. 34km round trip.

I was all wrapped up this morning, expecting it to be like yesterday morning.

I was feckin' roasted!

I was all wrapped up this morning, expecting it to be like yesterday morning.

I was feckin' roasted!

I find the Met.ie temp prediction is very good, they had 3C for Thursday and ~8C for this morning , so I knew night before how to play it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

What a day in Dublin. Wish I could go for a cycle. Knowing my luck it’ll be raining in the morning when I can get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

bazermc wrote: »
    What a day in Dublin. Wish I could go for a cycle. Knowing my luck it’ll be raining in the morning when I can get out.
    There's no rain forecast for the next week at least.

There's no rain forecast for the next week at least.

Rain forecast for tomorrow but only for about an hour around 12 so might come to nothing

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

bazermc wrote: »
    i've not been on the bike in a week and a half. have only done about 125km in the last month. getting antsy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Weepsie wrote: »
    Rain forecast for tomorrow but only for about an hour around 12 so might come to nothing
    A few minutes of drizzle if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Cycled into work around 5pm and had to take off my gloves as I was too warm!

I got some of those drizzles early today. Headed out just after posting that to collect something in Ashbourne and visit parents in Blanchardstown for a bit. It was light and cool though.

52 nice km on the commuter, though I nearly hit a rabbit or hare on the way home. Think my dynamo startled it out of the hedges out back of the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

Didn't get out until nearly 3pm today, had to dig out a pair of bib shorts and mitts . Lovely afternoon. Headed out n11 and did the lake drive spin and back via manor Kilbride and home. 72.5 km avg 26.6 kph.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭alentejo

Due to stunning weather forecast tomorrow, am going to postpone cycle till tomorrow. Will cost me a half days leave though. Typical it rains only on a Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Currently delaying untill rain stops...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Decided to skip the club spin this morning and go out myself a bit later( was out longer than I had intended last night)

Got up and ready, just about to go out the door and it was monsoon conditions out there so did an hour on the turbo instead

That was more than a few mins, but it was still really only drizzle. I got dressed to go out but my throat is at me so rest today out tomorrow and Wednesday instead

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Pshaw! Tell that to my sodden shoes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,526 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

indeed. i got lashed out of it for a few minutes. my wife (who was horseriding when i was out on the bike) was saying that the rain was so loud on the roof of the arena that they couldn't hear the instructor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement