Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell us about your new improved government regulations compliant cycle part II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

I had a cracking morning out on the bike!

Magical almost.

I even took out the good bike. https://www.strava.com/activities/1006037789

www.instagram.com/p/BUjUIUoh-ts/

I even met all the wild horses and played with FBI Book "live"
    https://www.facebook.com/100004117142305/videos/827785174035380

Sadly though after adding a certain set of wheels to my AS bike, I thnk I kind of fecked my left knee by putting the hammer down in the big ring.

Said wheels...
    www.instagram.com/p/BUYklJuBxcE

(Yours for 900e!) Savage tbh.

I finished my cycle on wednesday morning but when walking to the car my left leg/inside knee just went. :( It was only for a few seconds, but it was a bit weird!

So I am trying to be careful about using it. My MB 200 is questionable. I'm of the opnion that the raods will still be there over the next few months, and maybe I should be carefull about the Knee!

We'll see how the weekends goes...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

^^^^^^
    That photo certainly looks magical.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

After the lunch time 20, I managed another 20 by extended my commute and then 45 after dinner to take the day to 85. Not much chance of cycling the next week so squezed in lots of short sharp ones this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Rode to work on the good bike again as its so much nicer (and faster) than my usual commuting bike. First time I remember seeing my Garmin switch from night mode to day mode (at 05.10 if you were wondering...)

Garmin switched modes at 05.09 this morning...

Ride home last night felt a lot quicker than normal..
    https://www.strava.com/activities/1006828921

20.7 Km @ 31.2Kmh. Must take the good bike more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

28kms today. The rain was pretty horrific although it was actually quite enjoyable once I got over the initial uncomfortable feeling. Elevation on the Garmin was all over the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

Just shy of 80km today . Absolutely beautiful out there

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

i attempted the Evil 200 and failed. Stomach cramps and getting lost. 186 km and nearly 3600m of climbing. Still a good day out. Met Alek too!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Yesterday, from Lombard Street to Sausalito via the Golden Gate Bridge, along with hundreds of others. Approx 15km at a leisurely pace. Bit of a change from NCD!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

rushfan wrote: »
    Yesterday, from Lombard Street to Sausalito via the Golden Gate Bridge, along with hundreds of others. Approx 15km at a leisurely pace. Bit of a change from NCD!!

Should have gone further up the road. Some cracking roads out there

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

138km pretty much in a straight out and back through the Wicklow mountains today. Cruagh, Sally Gap, Laragh, Shay, Slieve Mann, Brown Mountain, about turn and back through the reverse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

godtabh wrote:
    Should have gone further up the road. Some cracking roads out there

I had the reluctant teen with me, cramping my style , telling me to slow down, etc, etc. Otherwise.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

28kms today. The rain was pretty horrific although it was actually quite enjoyable once I got over the initial uncomfortable feeling. Elevation on the Garmin was all over the place.

You were actually levitating?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Clonmel 3 Stage GP today....

Stage 1 : Hurt a little...
    Stage 2 : Hurt alot
    Stage 3 : Hurt so much I nearly died....

Savage day and well organised with marshalling spot on, credit to the club involved.

Somehow I managed to get an A4 pts Jersey, delighted (which was a spot prize, ah well)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Did the Mick Byrne 200 today. A couple of firsts for me. First time over 3000m in a single ride. First time over 150km. Met Alek at the start and finish. Spent the day in the company of Mercian Pro and Wishbone Ash. Having those two old pro's made a huge difference to me. Also chatted away with several Boards lurkers, you know who you are :)
    Right from the start I knew it was a special spin. The views across the bay from Vico road were stunning and plenty of times afterwards through the day I just found myself sitting up and taking in the views. We really do have some countryside.
    I got through to the first control fairly well but the middle section with Sliabh Mann and on to Laragh was fking torture.
    An unofficial coffee stop in Aughrim really made the spin. However much I suffered, it would have been much worse without that top up.
    From Laragh up to the top of the Gap wasn't that bad and I even had a bit of a kick left in the legs for the last few km.

3cups of coffee, a packet of fruit pastilles, two slices of Swiss roll, a slice of chocolate cake, two ice cream cones full of creamed rice and 6 bananas. I'll know more about this tomorrow morning.
    Strava says 199.5km. This has to be remedied. Only thing for it is Mick Byrne 2018 :D
    https://www.strava.com/activities/1010319704

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Did a quick 44km spin this evening, was at slane yesterday, got home this afternoon, watched the giro, then was feeling restless having not been out on the bike this weekend and i missed the ring of beara because of the gig, feel much better now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Big day today...last big training spin for our charity group ..10 weeks in 157km in the bag today....
    The elation and satisfaction when we got back this afternoon was amazing...
    Group 3 ..all 25 of my guys and gals 157km @ 26.5 .
    We had a few beers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

Managed my first gran fondo of the year yesterday. Headed to killenagh, ballycanew and on to Gorey. Out old n11 to inch and Arklow. Down to woodenbridge and on to Aughrim . The long drag into Carnew, Cranford, Gorey. Down coast road to Courtown and back to top ballygarret, killenagh and home.
    104 km Avg was 28.1 kph

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

did the work spin in 67 mins today, the PP was gorgeous, its going to be busy over the next few days when that bloom thingy starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

Nothing quite like a recovery spin after some efforts (MB200 on Sunday) so last night out for a wander with a club mate, HR didn't go above 100, avg speed was 23.5k for 36k. Lovely spin, just what the doctor ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,284 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

On the way home from work i noticed the wind was blowing North to south, so decided to go for a quick spin up stocking lane to the wicklow border, and down cunard....

g1406259422679883603.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

a touch blowy out on the spin home yesterday, but still a lovely night for a 30 km spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

It was a perfect evening yesterday for a spin to the hills in Wicklow. 2 club mates and myself went up from the Lisheen Springs side through Kilbride to Sally Gap and then onto Viewpoint. Here's a few minutes of video of the descent from Old Military Road down to Firhouse...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

retalivity wrote: »
    On the way home from work i noticed the wind was blowing North to south, so decided to go for a quick spin up stocking lane to the wicklow border, and down cunard....

g1406259422679883603.jpg
    wind was the other way today. knocking out PRs like it was going out of fashion on the way home.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭grouchyman

Did my first 100 kms yesterday and chuffed with myself. I only realised last night that I've cycled over 1400 kms since the middle of February which for me is some going.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭PaulieC

LpPepper wrote: »
    It was a perfect evening yesterday for a spin to the hills in Wicklow. 2 club mates and myself went up from the Lisheen Springs side through Kilbride to Sally Gap and then onto Viewpoint. Here's a few minutes of video of the descent from Old Military Road down to Firhouse...

Great video and looked a great evening for it. What cam did you use ?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

PaulieC wrote: »
    Great video and looked a great evening for it. What cam did you use ?

GoPro Hero 4 session

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

crossing the east link this morning, there was a fire brigade van pulled up at the roundabout between the point and the bridge, with a fireman pacing up and down the bridge, but i didn't see anything amiss. then on the coast road heading for the merrion gates, i spotted a SAR chopper hovering over the end of dun laoghaire pier.

then saw these two articles when i got in; busy morning for the emergency services.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-port-rnli-3420142-Jun2017/
    http://www.thejournal.ie/dun-laoghaire-car-3420104-Jun2017/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Did a variation on my usual 40Km loop to include more hills. Was surprised to see a few PRs for some of them as I felt tired all the time this morning..

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/1753967546

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭secman

Did an urban spin last night , didn't want to be too far from home as I had a dodgy belly yesterday and all that comes with that. Headed over up to old bawn and towards stocking lane. Down to Rathfarnham and back by Templeogue and back by mount Venus road. Old bawn and home. Not a lover of urban cycling and this reminded me why, traffic lights,roundabouts, traffic. Just under 26 km and avg 23.6 kph or thereabouts . Can't say I enjoyed it, just did it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

I wasn't sure how I was going to feel today after the MB200 on Sunday. I was coaxed out on Monday by a club mate for a gentle meander recovery spin and then spent two days stretching the muscles off the bike. Today i ventured out to Kilcock from Ratoath into a stiff breeze, felt good, surprisingly good and then turned for home with a tail / side wind. 55k all in , avg 29kph. Felt strong and happy out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement