Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 812 help needed...

Options
  • 04-07-2016 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hi
    this maybe for Koolkid or Altor or any other 812 guru's on here! Oldish 812 install back in 2007, I have Eng code. I purchased a GSM-SW-SC recently and wired into panel as instructed. Double checked connections and all the LED's are blinking on card & panel serial interface. Cycled power a couple of times as well. The problem is that the alarm does not seem to be picking it up. The Dialler menu acts strangely by hanging on a message "MF Dialler" after a few minutes this goes away and a message "Remove Digi?" appears. Then ends back at dialler menu again... I dont have the engineer manual so hard to brainstorm through the various menu's. Anyone any ideas...totally stumped .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

roosman wrote: »
    Hi
    this maybe for Koolkid or Altor or any other 812 guru's on here! Oldish 812 install back in 2007, I have Eng code. I purchased a GSM-SW-SC recently and wired into panel as instructed. Double checked connections and all the LED's are blinking on card & panel serial interface. Cycled power a couple of times as well. The problem is that the alarm does not seem to be picking it up. The Dialler menu acts strangely by hanging on a message "MF Dialler" after a few minutes this goes away and a message "Remove Digi?" appears. Then ends back at dialler menu again... I dont have the engineer manual so hard to brainstorm through the various menu's. Anyone any ideas...totally stumped .

Hi roosman,

Go into the serial port, dialler menu, options menu, securecomm, installation id.
    This is how it is set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭roosman

hi Altor
    thanks for the reply. I have the instructions with the card as you have described. I have paid for and received the install ID from secure-comm as well. I know what to do but when I select the dialler menu then it starts to hang with the message "MF dialler" should I suspect the GSM card itself as faulty? Would you possibly have the install manual for the 812?
    many thanks
    Ronan

hi Altor
    thanks for the reply. I have the instructions with the card as you have described. I have paid for and received the install ID from secure-comm as well. I know what to do but when I select the dialler menu then it starts to hang with the message "MF dialler" should I suspect the GSM card itself as faulty? Would you possibly have the install manual for the 812?
    many thanks
    Ronan

Hi Ronan,

When it does this it indicates a communication issue between the control panel and the GSM.
    I would check the connections between both comm cards.
    Then down power control panel and GSM to give them both a fresh start up.

Hi,
    Thanks for that. So I tried everything you said and no joy. It's picking up something in dialler menu and calling it MF dialler but that's all. Beginning to think it's a faulty card. What are HKC like quality wise in your experience?
    Thanks again
    Ronan

quote="altor;100249413"]Hi Ronan,

When it does this it indicates a communication issue between the control panel and the GSM.
    I would check the connections between both comm cards.
    Then down power control panel and GSM to give them both a fresh start up.[/quote]

Hi,
    Thanks for that. So I tried everything you said and no joy. It's picking up something in dialler menu and calling it MF dialler but that's all. Beginning to think it's a faulty card. What are HKC like quality wise in your experience?
    Thanks again
    Ronan

Its not picking it up, that is why it is displaying this.
    Ive never had one of them faulty but you never know.
    I would test it on another cable direct into the panel just to be sure.

• Advertisement

Hi, just to update the forum on this. Its now working perfectly. There are settings required in the comms menu for remote user, the User 1 code needs to be set to 1111 and the comm options menu needs to have remote access and local access set to yes. Also the GSM cards onboard eng code is 4572. Then the MF dialler message changes to Activate? and bobs your uncle...
    thanks

Hi, just to update the forum on this. Its now working perfectly. There are settings required in the comms menu for remote user, the User 1 code needs to be set to 1111 and the comm options menu needs to have remote access and local access set to yes. Also the GSM cards onboard eng code is 4572. Then the MF dialler message changes to Activate? and bobs your uncle...
    thanks

By default on the HKC 8/12 the remote user code is 1111.
    Local access is also set to yes by default.

Default engineer code is also set to 4567 by default.

Good to see you got it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Chrisha

HI
    I sorry use this thread but dont know hoe to start a new one!
    I am looking to upgrade to new wireless Phonewatch alarm In general I am not a big fan of wireless things so juat wondering do you know what transmissin freqeuncy of panel/sensors....ones on windows and dorrs and motion sensors and panel are please?
    Alos how often it transmits signals back to base?
    Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Most wireless alarms are 868mhz . Before you go looking at the PW wireless system have a read around this forum. You might find it interesting reading.
    Its a locked down panel with a closed protocol. No other company can ever repair or replace parts or service it etc.
    You have cameras inside your home that are viewable in their central station.
    Using motion detectors your alarm will only activate after an intruder has broken in.
    I could go on and on. But have a read around.

Advertisement