Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW 4-7-16

• 04-07-2016 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

Another week, another RAW, and edging closer to BATTLEGROUND, what's on the cards this week........ Find out below

Could The Miz score a leading role in this summer blockbuster?
    It’s doubtful whether hot dogs and hamburgers are in line with The Miz’s strict Hollywood diet. However, after Monday’s barbecue festivities draw to a close, he could be dining out on a victory over the WWE Champion. Live on Raw, the self-professed “A-Lister” battles Dean Ambrose in a Champion vs. Champion Match you won’t want to miss.

Will Cena get payback against The Club?
    John Cena is one of the most patriotic American Superstars in history, so expect the phrase “Don’t Tread on Me” to have an even greater meaning for the Cenation leader this Monday night, one week after The Club’s three-on-one attack left him battered on the entrance ramp.

Despite facing insurmountable odds against AJ Styles, Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows, Cena will roll into Raw looking for a fight, clad proudly in red, white and blue.

Are "Team U.S.A." world-beaters?
    WWE.com can confirm that Raw’s Fourth of July celebration will include tag team action on a global scale when “Team U.S.A.” battles “Team World” in a 16-Man Elimination Tag Team Match. Which American Superstars will clash with a squad of international competitors? Stay tuned.

Can Titus O’Neil capture star-spangled gold?
    After turning back Cesaro’s U.S. Championship Match opportunity on SmackDown, Rusev will defend America’s title on the Fourth of July against Titus O’Neil, who defeated The Bulgarian Brute via count-out in a non-title bout last week on Raw.

Rusev has made his U.S. Championship rivalry with O’Neil intensely personal since WWE Money in the Bank, when he defeated and humiliated the imposing Floridian in front of his own children. Since then, O’Neil has been more determined than ever before. As he stated in a WWE.com interview last Monday night, O’Neil is “tired of just sitting back and waiting to be a champion.” On Independence Day, the wait might be over.
    Featured Superstars

Will a former SmackDown General Manager join in Monday’s festivities?
    Once we learned that SmackDown will go live on USA Network Tuesday, July 19, former SmackDown authority figures — including Teddy Long, John Laurinaitis and Corporate Kane — have resurfaced to state why they should head up the blue brand in The New Era. Since Monday will be a celebration no one in the WWE Universe will want to miss, you can bet that at least one former GM will be looking to drop by.
    Vickie Guerrero
    rumoured to be appearing tonight.

SKY SPORTS 5 - 1 AM

Whatculture W.T.F Moments - Posted sometime tomorrow..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

The biggest question is:

How will they make Roman look strong?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Are "Team U.S.A." world-beaters?
    WWE.com can confirm that Raw’s Fourth of July celebration will include tag team action on a global scale when “Team U.S.A.” battles “Team World” in a 16-Man Elimination Tag Team Match. Which American Superstars will clash with a squad of international competitors? Stay tuned.

So Cena will be the super patriotic military man while all the non-US wrestlers are jobbing tonight...except 4th of July party pooper Rusev who really should beat Titus again.

hmm who would the 8 foreigners be?

well starting with Heel foreigners (minus Rusev) you would have: Sheamus, Del Rio, Kevin Owens, Y2J & Tyler Breeze,

I would guess they might not want to have too many faces in there on the 4th of July so maybe they will have Epico & Primo (The shining stars) make an appearance and then perhaps one of the below faces

Kalisto, Sin Cara, Sami Zayn, Cesaro, Kofi

My guess Sami Zayn (who even highlighted to Ambrose on a recent Raw episode that he too was Canadian) who will actually end up causing his partner for the night Kevin Owens to eat the pin so the heel foreigners lose and the fans can chant USA USA USA on Independence day.

Odds on a a Sgt Slaughter or Jim Duggan appearance anyone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I remember when Rusev beat Cesaro on Smackdown I was thinking Renee was going to say the rematch on Monday would be against him, but instead it's Titus for a third time, even though Titus has never even come close. Hopefully this time he beats him and starts laying into him after the match causing Rusev's next opponent to come out for the save and to set up the next feud

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Seeing as it's 4th of July and no one will probably watch it in the U.S I can only imagine how boring Raw will be tonight. They usually completely phone it in when Raw falls on a holiday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus that 16 man tag is just a excuse to chant USA during it and I hope the international team are ready for a good old fashioned 'Merica burial.

I wonder will Titus win the us title given the day tonight and get a victory to old glory over Johnny Foreigner and drop it back to russev on smackdown.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

hmm who would the 8 foreigners be?

well starting with Heel foreigners (minus Rusev) you would have: Sheamus, Del Rio, Kevin Owens, Y2J & Tyler Breeze,

I would guess they might not want to have too many faces in there on the 4th of July so maybe they will have Epico & Primo (The shining stars) make an appearance and then perhaps one of the below faces

Kalisto, Sin Cara, Sami Zayn, Cesaro, Kofi

one+more+match+gif+1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Giving this a miss tonight. Can't stand WWE when they go into 'Murka mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Can't wait for ultra-face John Cena trying to win brownie points with USA shíte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,976 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A I won't be watching U-S-A.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

In America at the moment so, God bless my soul, I get to watch Raw live :pac:

Whatever you think of WWE being ultra patriotic, it's ten times worse among the general population here :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Cena to get injured backstage before the 16 man match, and Angle to make a comeback to lead Team USA to victory..

I can dream :p

So Angle, Hacksaw, Slaughter, Hogan, Luger, Taker (in American Badass gear), Jack Swagger and JBL on Team USA

#GrowingUpWatchingWWE is trending on twitter worldwide at the moment.

It was WWF for me and not knowing all the Macho Man's promo's were cocaine fuelled..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,384 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

It was WWF for me and not knowing all the Macho Man's promo's were cocaine fuelled..
    Wait what ? Weren't they fuelled by passion and charisma ? Jesus don't ruin the illusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Someone here does an awesome macho man coke fueled promo.
    Might be omackerel.

*not saying omack is on or ever has been on coke.

Ah, the "**** kayfabe" cold open :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Greatest raw opening ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,518 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Kevin Owens stealing the show as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Title change on the cards here.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    Title change on the cards here.

100% guaranteed. Thought it might be a possibility but the match opening the show confirms it.

• Advertisement

Well colour me shocked.

Cass really comes across as the slow kid who is put with the cool kid in school by the teacher and then told to read out what's on the paper in his hand.

ooh, Brock's opponent will be announced on Smackdown? Wonder who.

Ruses is kind of free after tonight and would be a fun match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,066 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Lord TSC wrote: »
    ooh, Brock's opponent will be announced on Smackdown? Wonder who.

Ruses is kind of free after tonight and would be a fun match.

Love if it was Angle or Goldberg (although some would hate that) but I think it could be bray Wyatt. Love if it was an nxt guy like Samoa Joe or Booby Roode

Just figured out who it is

A certain legend killer, due to return in the coming weeks ??. Randy Orton. Could be a good match if done right

The rumours were true! :D

"I'm gonna wrap some presents for my kids with my hot Asian wife....and then I'm gonna beat up John Cena!"

Karl Anderson has just won quote of the year.

Nope, can't do it. Going to sleep here. There's a reason I watch this show in 30 minutes. Night all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Someone here does an awesome macho man coke fueled promo.
    Might be omackerel.

*not saying omack is on or ever has been on coke.

IT WAS ME KANKAN!!! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,623 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Cena and Styles have fairly nailed it. Really good feud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Did anyone else hear Rusev say "F*ck you you son of a b*tch" to Titus when he kicked him in the hand haha

2016 is the year of the Ryder :)

He got his WrestleMania moment and now the win on the 4th of July.

A strange episode in many ways as if you didn't see it you really didn't miss much what with it being a holiday episode in the middle of a build to a PPV instead of the start or go home. However there were some good segments. For example the two 3 man team feuds progressed well with Cena / The Club and New Day & The Wyatt's continuing to play off each other well.

Rusev also looks good being the patriotic party pooper as he once again beats Titus. Hopefully he is beyond that feud now.

So Sheamus gets to speak Irish including "Póg mo thóin" and we get the Irish National Anthem.

The match was a bit of a mess. Owens is eliminated for hitting his own partner, even though that should mean Kane gets eliminated for having outside help. Then Kane gets eliminated for hitting someone who was no longer part of the match. Of course how could the multinational team co-exist. On paper it was probably the most talented 8 man team ever seen in WWE so was the only way they could believably lose. Though what flag would they have had if the multinational team won?

And the Vaudevillains now lose to Golden Truth? Well they had a good run.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

This weeks W.T.F Moments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Still had to laugh at Kane being on team America tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,234 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Found Sasha's promo really cringey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,784 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

J. Marston wrote: »
    Found Sasha's promo really cringey.

It was like a prototype face promo

Reminded me of Cena so much

Still had to laugh at Kane being on team America tho

What I thought was even funnier than that was Sin Cara (Hunico) on the team of foreigners. He's from Texas. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Enzo anf Cass, the new Cryme Time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

martyos121 wrote: »
    What I thought was even funnier than that was Sin Cara (Hunico) on the team of foreigners. He's from Texas. :D

Sure Kalisto is American too and IIRC Jericho was born in NYC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

And shure wasn't Kane born in Spain?

tbh Even if he was born in America Y2J is Canadian. Ditto Kane & Spain / being American.

Just two more Raw's until the brand split.. I wonder will Raw suffer after that, Smackdown will no doubt improve several times over but they will still have 3 hours to fill on Raw and already a lot of it can feel like just that atm filler and thats pre split

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm sort of reminded of when the crowd started chanting "USA!" to support Ezekiel Jackson in a match against Wade Barrett, despite Jackson being from Guyana in South America :pac: And then there was a video recently where Kevin Owens said before a match he bets he can get the crowd to chant "USA!" when it was him and Sami in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Me_Grapes

tbh Even if he was born in America Y2J is Canadian. Ditto Kane & Spain / being American.

Kane has never once in his near 20 year career been billed from or referenced as being from USA until this weeks raw. He was from the depths of hell/parts unknown before this, that along with the fact that Glen Jacobs was born in Spain makes the decision a WTF moment imho.

I agree but If not for the boards PW Draft I probably would have never known Kane was born in Spain if im honest, and I doubt at least 90% of the fans would know that either.

He may have been born in Spain but that was because his family was in the US air force so him being on team USA is alright. I'd consider him as American as someone like Ronan O'Gara is Irish (born in Miami).

That said WWE and wrestling fans tend to be terrible with nationalities and Americana nonsense. Chanting USA at two non American competitors in the ring for example has happened numerous times.

Well Kane is Taker's brother and Taker is from Death Valley and that's in America. Though New York has a Hell's Kitchen so that would make New York hell, meaning Kane's from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Disappointed Big Show didn't catch Ryder around the throat and then a choke slam. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Me_Grapes wrote: »
    Kane has never once in his near 20 year career been billed from or referenced as being from USA until this weeks raw. He was from the depths of hell/parts unknown before this, that along with the fact that Glen Jacobs was born in Spain makes the decision a WTF moment imho.

The man's a patriot dammit.

Advertisement