Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade with 3.ie

Options
  • 04-07-2016 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I upgraded my phone with 3 over two weeks ago. I did it by phone so I got the fourteen days cooling off period. I moved house about two months ago and the reception in my new house is terrible. I changed the SIM Card, refreshed the network settings and 3 said the signal was fine, the problem was my phone.... I upgraded from my trusty iPhone 4 to an Iphone SE and the signal was no better, in fact it was probably worse!

I contacted three, sent back the phone by registered post after resetting back as instructed. They received it in the warehouse in Balbriggan on Wednesday 22/6/16. However they said in order to cancel the upgrade and my new contract the warehouse have to inspect the phone and then contact me... I'm still waiting for this famous warehouse to contact me.

I've rung 3.ie several times and got different staff who are all sympathetic etc etc but no-one has rung/emailed me from the warehouse to confirm the phone is ok.

I'm a customer of 3 for about ten years and was with O2 before that so technically I'm a customer for sixteen years in total and this is the first time i have experienced such poor service. I returned mobile broadband devices before and had no problem so I'm baffled as to why this is such a problem.

I have referred it to COMREG and am going to report it to the Consumer authority today if I don't get this resolved in the next few hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Dieselfionn

problem seems to have been resolved. 3 contacted me to say the phone is returned fine and my contract is cancelled. i have given notice that I am leaving. the only item not currently resolved is the €269 on my bill for the phone but that hopefully will be removed in the next couple of days.

Advertisement