Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Contracting in the UK

Options
  • 04-07-2016 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of advice . I know this has being asked before. I am looking into short term IT Contracting in the uk anything from a month to 3 months . The question is I would prefer to set an umbrella company here in Ireland and invoice the agency in the UK. Dose anyone know of any agencies in the UK that would accept invoices from Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Be prepared to have tax questions - and currency conversion losses if the UK continues dithering over Article 50. Also, whatever a UK recruiter tells you about potential tax writeoffs for contractors - they're lying. Single employer contractors are considered to be employees in the UK and you lose every single advantage as a result; and HMRC will find you and will ride you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

L1011 wrote: »
    Be prepared to have tax questions - and currency conversion losses if the UK continues dithering over Article 50. Also, whatever a UK recruiter tells you about potential tax writeoffs for contractors - they're lying. Single employer contractors are considered to be employees in the UK and you lose every single advantage as a result; and HMRC will find you and will ride you.

Yeah the the currency exchange is looking very poor and sterling is continuing to fall . Unfortunately I have to go where the work is . I will more than likely have to set up an umbrella company in the UK . I see contracting plus have offices here and in the uk, I might try them.

Advertisement