Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Sligo - Oakfield

Options
  • 04-07-2016 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all

My husband and I are new to Sligo and considering living in Oakfield - can anyone provide any feedback/comments on the area.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Jordi1910

I was in similar situation one year ago. I was considering to live in Oakfield but finally decided for Second Sea Road area. The best would be to get info for somebody who lived there, however from my observations it looks very quiet. Close to post office, Spar and Centra . 20 minutes walk to centre. Its located outside so no traffic coming through

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

I grew up with lots of kids from oakfield.
    It's actually a large area, despite the entrance being very small.

Second sea road is more modern alright.

It's difficult to comment, given all the variables to take into account when moving, and what your aims are etc but, the positives are, it's a five minute bike ride from town, there's good local amenities.

Personally, if I was choosing, I'd go for the sea road location, simply because the construction is more modern.
    That being said, I'd imagine they have corresponding price tags also.

Sligo is reputed to have somewhat of a questionable reputation in terms of certain trades, despite being an underdeveloped town with an underdeveloped mentality, tucked away in the west of Ireland.
    Oakfield has sprung up as being one of the places, a dense housing estate, that caters to that trade - so that might be something to take into account also.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Sligo is reputed to have somewhat of a questionable reputation in terms of certain trades, despite being an underdeveloped town with an underdeveloped mentality, tucked away in the west of Ireland.
    Oakfield has sprung up as being one of the places, a dense housing estate, that caters to that trade - so that might be something to take into account also.

Don't be coy; some of us have no idea what you're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Speedwell wrote: »
    Don't be coy; some of us have no idea what you're talking about.

Persians obv innit, but OP pass no heed to that, Oakfield were a poor quality build by really ropey Developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Persians obv innit, but OP pass no heed to that, Oakfield were a poor quality build by really ropey Developers.

Is being Persian a trade in Ireland? Sorry, I'm not from around here originally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭redarmyblues

Speedwell wrote: »
    Is being Persian a trade in Ireland? Sorry, I'm not from around here originally.

Persians = Persian Rugs = Drugs
    I seem to remember there was an incident in Oakfield years ago when a when am alleged practitioner of said trade who was renting up there had his windows put in but that doest make the street the Cali of the west of Ireland, just not a great house insulation wise in particular.

Advertisement