Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobile broadband usage

Options
  • 04-07-2016 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Anyone else having issues with Eir mobile broadband usage rates??

This past 2 months i have received messages from Eir that i have used up my 100GB allowance in 2weeks!!!! I accepted this first time and then downloaded apps on each device to monitor usage.  Got the data allowance exceed message again yesterday and compare to my own tracking which says i used 8.95 GB while eir reckoned i used 100GB plus

I have 4 devices connected to the router which is password protected (so no free loaders) No netflix or movie streaming or downloads, the internet is only used for web browsing, emails the odd skype call and some youtube on the childs ipad- Ihave all the backgroud app refresh and location settings turned off so im am at a loss to see where the 100GB is being used 

Any one with similar issues as i do think its on eir monitoring function - Have spoke to customer services a number of times with no success and they wont let me see usage data or speck to technical depatment 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

cladyman wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with Eir mobile broadband usage rates??

This past 2 months i have received messages from Eir that i have used up my 100GB allowance in 2weeks!!!! I accepted this first time and then downloaded apps on each device to monitor usage.  Got the data allowance exceed message again yesterday and compare to my own tracking which says i used 8.95 GB while eir reckoned i used 100GB plus

I have 4 devices connected to the router which is password protected (so no free loaders) No netflix or movie streaming or downloads, the internet is only used for web browsing, emails the odd skype call and some youtube on the childs ipad- Ihave all the backgroud app refresh and location settings turned off so im am at a loss to see where the 100GB is being used 

Any one with similar issues as i do think its on eir monitoring function - Have spoke to customer services a number of times with no success and they wont let me see usage data or speck to technical depatment 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]cladyman,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing with your mobile broadband.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your mobile number and pin and I will take a look into this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement