Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Used Car Sales Dublin

• 04-07-2016 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭

Folks,
    I am looking to purchase a 1.4 - 1.6 car around 2008/2009 mark as I think that's as far as the budget will allow. Have forum users any good recommendations on decent garages that deal in second hand cars in Dublin?

I know when you get to purchasing cars 7 to 8 years old you are entering lottery territory. I've been to some 2nd hand dealers around Dublin but each time the mechanic has checked a car I liked he has recommended against purchase. Obviously the mechanic costs money and its obvious some of these dealerships do little if any checks on the cars they get in
    Therefore recommendations for a good 2nd had dealer are much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If you are only searching cheap examples of the models in that year then chances are you are finding the unrecommended ones being sold by shady establishments.

I'd also look at private sellers as with 8 year old cars the warranty that most dealers offer with them will be minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭Mintoe

red_diesel wrote: »
    Folks,
    I am looking to purchase a 1.4 - 1.6 car around 2008/2009 mark as I think that's as far as the budget will allow. Have forum users any good recommendations on decent garages that deal in second hand cars in Dublin?

I know when you get to purchasing cars 7 to 8 years old you are entering lottery territory. I've been to some 2nd hand dealers around Dublin but each time the mechanic has checked a car I liked he has recommended against purchase. Obviously the mechanic costs money and its obvious some of these dealerships do little if any checks on the cars they get in
    Therefore recommendations for a good 2nd had dealer are much appreciated.

Walsh motors & right price cars on Kylemore road, Kylemore cars facing out onto naas road, brogan motors Baldonnell, Dunhill motors Ballymount, north road motor company north road Finglas are all some of the good ones.... Feel free to pm me the name of any dealer you are thinking of buying from and I'll help you out if I can.... But I would say, remember you're buying a car, not a dealer, so concentrate on finding a good car no matter where it's from

Advertisement