Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lake Garda

• 04-07-2016 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Myself and my fiancé (early 30s) are Heading to lake Garda for 7 - 10 days in sept! Any advice on flights, accommodation, itineraries etc.?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Beautiful spot. Very easy to get from there to Venice for a day trip via train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Gardaland is great! If you like roller coasters etc it's fab. In general it's just a lovely area. I'd say it'd be great to hire a car and drive around checking out the scenery. (When I was there it was at the tail end of an interrailing holiday so we didn't do much that entailed spending money!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

you dont even need a car. If you are near the coast you can just get a boat up down or across the lake, or hire a speedboat to go at your own pace !
    Peschiera is on the rail line and very accessable, Garda town is nice and reasonably lively, Bardolino a few mile away is more posh and for honeymooners or pensioners but pretty much every town and village there is lovely and very set up for tourists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 304 ✭✭Walter Sobchak III

Go to Malcesine and take the cable car up to Monte Baldo. We perfer to stay at the northern end of lake in places like Riva and Torbole. More picturesque that end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Take a look at this thread for more information

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057613524

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Not my real name

Have stayed in Peschiera a few times, beautiful location.

I'd recommend a trip to Sirmione, its absolutely stunning! You can get a bus up from Peschiera its only about 20mins.

We had kids with us so did Gardaland and Caneva water park.

Loads of places to eat and drink and ice cream to die for.

Verona is only half an hour away and you can also do a day trip to Venice, which is worth seeing.

Sept is a nice to go, we were there in August two years ago and the heat nearly killed me!

Advertisement