Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best shop bought chocolate sauce?

Options
  • 04-07-2016 4:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

What's the best shop bought chocolate sauce?

I have a very serious chocolate sundae craving but I can't be dealing with making sauce right now, for the same reason that I'm craving ice cream.

I have most supermarkets near me, supervalu, aldi, lidl, tesco (hate that shop but will go for the greater good), marks and spencer, donnybrook fair also.

Something really thick and rich that can be warmed up.

Need.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Keane2baMused

Tesco finest range. Their salted caramel is also gorgeous.

I want some now.

I'd normally just make my own chocolate sauce but would get that if needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

Thank for this :)

Decided I would take the hit and go to Tesco for this. Oh god I hate Tesco so much. The one I went to is a nice size, not an express but not a huge big store either. I spent ages looking for chocolate sauce. I found the place were the sauces are. There was raspberry, strawberry, there was maple syrup and golden syrup, there was everything except chocolate sauce. Eventually I decided to give up and went to get the ice cream. The only Hagen Dazs they had was two tubs of cookies and cream that were completely covered in a really thick layer of frost. So I went to the checkout with my milk and cream that I had in my basket and was about to give up when lo and behold there was the chocolate sauce, and the salted caramel sauce - in the fruit and veg section. Where else like? -.-

Stopped in Centra on the way home and got my Hagen Dazs, got home and went to make my sundae to discover that the sauce was out of date in May 2016. No bloody wonder - sure how can anyone buy it if they can't find it!!!

aaaaanyway, I was nursing a hangover and feeling sorry for myself and figured there was that much sugar in it that it was well preserved, so I made the most delicious chocolate sundae with vanilla, belgian chocolate, fresh cream, and warm chocolate sauce. It was absoutely amazing.

The End.

Advertisement