Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council to ban cars from O'Briens & Salmon Weir bridge, and 7 streets

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

?Cee?view wrote: »
    Many did. But you probably don’t remember and certainly don’t care

I think you will find that most businesses who left, left because rents increased as the property became more valuable due to the increased footfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

But I still don't think that "ban cars" is the way to go.

This is not been proposed by the City Council. I think this thread has got sidetracked on this point. The thread title itself should be changed. The proposal really is to ban through private CAR traffic. One will still be able to drive into the City Centre - but you will have to drive back out the way you came.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Here is one more recent article, not about closing down per say but about how lack of cars = lack of shoppers.

http://connachttribune.ie/city-traders-up-in-arms-over-new-parking-charges-on-sundays-444/
    That article is from November 18, 2016 - practically One Year ago. Where is the evidence, one year later that Sunday trading in the City Centre has been affected since it was introduced?

Advertisement