Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making YouTube Videos with strangers in the image

Options
  • 04-07-2016 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

ok so i started making youtube videos of my daughter playing at playgrounds and stuff. i put music in there and upload them to youtube.

question: is it a problem in ireland when other people happen to be visible? i'm not actively recording other people, only following my own daughter, but it happens that other kids and parents are visible, even with their faces.

whats the legal status regarding that in ireland? i obviously dont want any trouble because of a parent suing me over his childs face in my videos.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Public areas, not a legal issue and you can film away. Doesn't mean that Biff won't think you're a weirdo filming kids and punch you in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭murfilein

goz83 wrote: »
    Public areas, not a legal issue and you can film away. Doesn't mean that Biff won't think you're a weirdo filming kids and punch you in the face.

Thanks for your answer!

Does that also count for those kids indoor activity centres where you need to pay to get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

murfilein wrote: »
    Thanks for your answer!

Does that also count for those kids indoor activity centres where you need to pay to get in?

I don't know. Many such places have policies against recording on the premises. They are private zones, but with public access.

Advertisement