Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hotpoint Dishwasher Problem. Error 8

• 04-07-2016 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭

My Hotpoint LFT228A integrated dishwasher is no longer working properly. When I open the door the cycle hasn't finished in the normal time, the dishes are not clean and the inside is warm but not hot and steaming like it usually would.
    I've tried a few different cycles and it behaves like this with them all, though once when I opened it there were blinking lights and the display flashing '8'.
    Google searches suggest a problem with the thermistor or the heating element. Further googling suggests a complicated fix and/or €125+ service engineer visit.
    I was wondering if any members have had the issue?
    BTW, the house was built in 2007 and we moved in last year. I'm guessing the washer is seven or eight years old.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

put it on again and make note of the position of the two spray arms, after a few minutes washing open it again and see if the arms have changed position, assuming the spray arms are not clogged they should have rotated if not I would think the circulating pump has gone faulty this would also account for the heat issue as the water is circulated through the heater

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Gautama

I put it on a few different cycles and on the fourth time of asking it came good!
    I assume there was something dislodged that had been causing the problem. It's been running without any problem for a week now.

Thanks.

Advertisement